Black Baldy?

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.

RedFernFarm
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Black Baldy?

Postby RedFernFarm » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:22 am

Dogs and Cows wrote:I had one born 2 months ago exactly like that...Hereford cow, Angus sire. I was surprised as well...but the calf is growing well and that's all that I can ask for. I have found that with my sire all the calves are born with a brown/red tint and darken as they age. But I am not sure this calf will be the same.

Tim

I would love to see a picture. Can you post one?
0 x

RedFernFarm
Beginner
Beginner

Postby RedFernFarm » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:29 am

elkwc wrote:I looked at the dam's pedigree. Her sire was raised by a member of this board. He raises very good linebred polled Herefords. She has a good pedigree. Based on the dam's side this heifer should make a nice cow.

What is his name on here? I would love to show him a picture of the calf. The heifer we bought from him, Fern, is my favorite of all our herd. She comes to me on demand and loves me to pet her. She has always been the most gentle heifer. I love her so much.
0 x

elkwc
Rancher
Rancher

Postby elkwc » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:52 pm

Sent you a pm
0 x

3waycross
Mentor
Mentor

Postby 3waycross » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:46 pm

Jeanne - Simme Valley wrote:I have many heterozygous black calves that "appear" to have reddish tinge to them, but they grow out of it. This appears to be more of a "birth mark". I would guess it will stay reddish.

I sold a Homo Blk bull a few years ago with a brown birthmark the size of a dinner plate on his side.
0 x
USA.......... ride for the brand or get out!

Return to “Breeds Board”