Always Late

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Always Late

Postby Nesikep » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:31 am

ALACOWMAN wrote:
jkwilson wrote:My wife always runs right to the limit and is often late. Drives me crazy. I generally try to be 10 or 15 minutes early for things. If the trip goes well, I have time to hit the restroom or grab a cup of coffee or something cold. If I get caught in traffic I can still be on time. Never get stressed out driving when you leave on time.

My wife got sent home from the doctor once for being late. Appointment card said "If this is your first visit to our office, please arrive one half hour early to take care of insurance paperwork and medical history." She walked in 3 minutes before her appointment and was told she was late and she would have to reschedule. She was PO'd. I laughed. To myself. I'm not stupid.
but its a different story when the Dr.Is late. Are talking to nurses about what they did over the weekend..while you sit in waiting room number 3...alway try to schedule my appointment near dinner, or quiting time..

The previous local dentist was like that.. consistently had you waiting a half an hour... New ownership, I haven't ever waited!.. They don't ask me questions with my mouth pried open either!
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

talltimber
GURU
GURU

Re: Always Late

Postby talltimber » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:50 am

I am fortunate that my wife and I are on the same page as most of you. She will be ready before I am. I also had left her a time or two long ago. I think it's been touched on that those that are habitually late tend to be a little self centered. I will give someone fifteen minutes, when hubbing somewhere at a certain time, then I'm gone, unless they have had the common courtesy to call or text me to let me know the situation. Often, when meeting up to hunt, we will text each other saying we are on the road. Kind of a combination of letting them know I am up and moving, and wanting confirmation from them of the same. Usually this kind of thing will be in the 4am ballpark. I don't have too much trouble with this kind of thing. Most everyone I deal with is up and hustling around.
0 x
If you cross the river before, leave a good horse on this side.

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”