Time Runneth Over

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Time Runneth Over

Postby Bestoutwest » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:54 am

The thread on people being late got me to thinking. I really don't like when people are late to things, and I hate being the late guy. But the thing that really, REALLY gets my goat is when people have meetings/appointments that run over. For instance: The other night we had Cub Scouts. My wife decided to sign up as an assistant den leader. They had a meeting after the meeting, which started at 7 and should have been done by 8. So, I take my son home, scream through a bath and some homework, get him something to eat and scream back down the road to pick her up by 8. We got there at 8:02 which I figured was fine b/c usually these things have a tendency to run a bit late. We were there until 8:26. :bang: It wasn't her fault at all, the head master person decided they needed to go over a bunch of other things after he told everyone they'd be out by 8. To me, that's a lot more disrespectful of a person's time than being 5 minutes late to meet them.
0 x
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book. ~Henry David Thoreau

HeII is other people. ~Sartre

Dogs and Cows
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Time Runneth Over

Postby Dogs and Cows » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:09 am

She could have gotten up and left...
0 x

J&D Cattle
GURU
GURU

Postby J&D Cattle » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:26 am

No more disrespectful to me but definitely equal. Every meeting or board needs a good leader to keep people on track. At my church board meeting last night we must have ran a hundred rabbits. I don't need a gossip session either; get down to business and get the heck out.
0 x
J & D Cattle

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:38 am

Dogs and Cows wrote:She could have gotten up and left...

Which could have reflected poorly on her. This is our first year, and it was our second meeting. As we're trying to put our best foot forward, there's certain things you don't do.

J&D Cattle wrote:No more disrespectful to me but definitely equal. Every meeting or board needs a good leader to keep people on track. At my church board meeting last night we must have ran a hundred rabbits. I don't need a gossip session either; get down to business and get the heck out.

When we have meetings at work there is a certain group of women that feel the need to interject constantly. In my head I yell "Shut the he// up!!" at them. It never works, but at least it makes me feel better.
0 x
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book. ~Henry David Thoreau

HeII is other people. ~Sartre

J&D Cattle
GURU
GURU

Postby J&D Cattle » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:43 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:

Which could have reflected poorly on her. This is our first year, and it was our second meeting. As we're trying to put our best foot forward, there's certain things you don't do.

J&D Cattle wrote:No more disrespectful to me but definitely equal. Every meeting or board needs a good leader to keep people on track. At my church board meeting last night we must have ran a hundred rabbits. I don't need a gossip session either; get down to business and get the heck out.

When we have meetings at work there is a certain group of women that feel the need to interject constantly. In my head I yell "Shut the he// up!!" at them. It never works, but at least it makes me feel better.

:lol: , no kidding. I was doing the same thing last night.
1 x
J & D Cattle

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:22 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:

blow,shuffle your feet , and keep looking at your watch...
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:29 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:

Could have, True. BUT the manner in which she did this would and could make a huge difference. Standing up and pardoning herself while apologizing and saying she had another appointment and she was understood the meeting would end at 8 pm could also sent a valuable message to the leader and others that your wife's time is valuable and her donation of her time is more than just filling idle hours. Besides, isn't part of the core values of scouting is honesty, being courteous, kind and being thrifty? I think the leader needs to be reminded of this because if the leader isn't what can your child learn from someone who doesn't abide by the core principles of scouting?
2 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”