20 trillion in debt

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
User avatar
HDRider
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4132
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:25 am
Location: NE Arkansas

Re: 20 trillion in debt

Postby HDRider » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:45 pm

Check this out... http://www.usdebtclock.org/
0 x
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

User avatar
dun
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 46739
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:34 am
Location: MO Ozarks

Re: 20 trillion in debt

Postby dun » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:31 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:You have to quit spending. Look how much money hurricane Harvey and Irma is going to cost the taxpayers. The taxpayers shouldn't be responsible for personal property. No one owes me anything and I don't owe anyone anything, just stay the heck out of the way is all I want. It seems like everyone is dependent on the government for assistance.



Shouldn't the insurance companies be on the hook as well? Why is there a delineation for flood vs. fire? Destruction to a home is the same b/c in the end it's uninhabitable. For medical insurance they didn't charge me b/c my foot surgery was "elective" vs. emergent. If you're paying insurance, you ought to get something out of it.

Like all insurance, depends on what you have. Very few people have flood insurance. I saw yesterday that if your vehicle doesn;t have comprehensive and it it totaled/ruined because of flooding that you are SOL.
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

Stocker Steve
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7147
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 8:28 am
Location: Central Minnesota

Re: 20 trillion in debt

Postby Stocker Steve » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:52 pm

shaz wrote:Has anyone noticed that unemployment feel dramatically but the GDP didn't grow to reflect it?


The Fed noticed but they can not figure out why...
0 x
Stocker Steve

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 21089
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas

Re: 20 trillion in debt

Postby Caustic Burno » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:35 pm

dun wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:You have to quit spending. Look how much money hurricane Harvey and Irma is going to cost the taxpayers. The taxpayers shouldn't be responsible for personal property. No one owes me anything and I don't owe anyone anything, just stay the heck out of the way is all I want. It seems like everyone is dependent on the government for assistance.



Shouldn't the insurance companies be on the hook as well? Why is there a delineation for flood vs. fire? Destruction to a home is the same b/c in the end it's uninhabitable. For medical insurance they didn't charge me b/c my foot surgery was "elective" vs. emergent. If you're paying insurance, you ought to get something out of it.

Like all insurance, depends on what you have. Very few people have flood insurance. I saw yesterday that if your vehicle doesn;t have comprehensive and it it totaled/ruined because of flooding that you are SOL.



Lots of people fail the IQ test daily they will spend a 1000 on a cell phone but won't spend 400 bucks on flood insurance.
1 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

User avatar
Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1440
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:12 pm
Location: Idaho

Re: 20 trillion in debt

Postby Bestoutwest » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:30 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
dun wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:

Shouldn't the insurance companies be on the hook as well? Why is there a delineation for flood vs. fire? Destruction to a home is the same b/c in the end it's uninhabitable. For medical insurance they didn't charge me b/c my foot surgery was "elective" vs. emergent. If you're paying insurance, you ought to get something out of it.

Like all insurance, depends on what you have. Very few people have flood insurance. I saw yesterday that if your vehicle doesn;t have comprehensive and it it totaled/ruined because of flooding that you are SOL.



Lots of people fail the IQ test daily they will spend a 1000 on a cell phone but won't spend 400 bucks on flood insurance.


CB why pay for insurance at all? Gotta have that phone, yo!
1 x
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book. ~Henry David Thoreau

User avatar
Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 12238
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:37 pm
Location: Lillooet, BC, Canada

Re: 20 trillion in debt

Postby Nesikep » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:19 pm

How are you going to call the insurance company with no phone? :P

I do agree that peoples priorities are screwy, but the insurance companies certainly try to find any way out of paying too
1 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

zirlottkim
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:14 am
Location: West Fowl River Al
Contact:

Re: 20 trillion in debt

Postby zirlottkim » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:46 pm

https://youtu.be/Tym9AhMNcP0 That doesn't even take into account the unfunded liabilities that stand at $890,000 per taxpayer. The 20 trillion will never be paid back. It might could be brought under control but Americans don't have the stomach for the sacrifices it would take. Congress cant even balance a budget for one year so paying down the debt wont ever happen. It will just keep on piling up and adding more digits and devaluing the dollars in circulation until.............the U.S. Dollar is no longer the World currency. That has been happening already. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-0 ... d-standard
Dollars are not backed by gold or any other asset. No one even knows how much gold reserves the U.S. holds. Congress will not vote to audit the Federal Reserve Bank. Who knows how all this will play out.
3 x

User avatar
Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 12238
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:37 pm
Location: Lillooet, BC, Canada

Re: 20 trillion in debt

Postby Nesikep » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:06 pm

One more thing about insurance, they force you into stupid crap... Like.. we can't have liability insurance because we have to insure our house against fire to do that, and to do that, we need to have a CSA/UL approved wood stove... So we can't have liability insurance because our house has a wood stove? What kind of crap is that?
1 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

Stocker Steve
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7147
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 8:28 am
Location: Central Minnesota

Re: 20 trillion in debt

Postby Stocker Steve » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:16 pm

zirlottkim wrote:Who knows how all this will play out.


Lots of history on how it will end.
Question is when?
2 x
Stocker Steve

zirlottkim
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:14 am
Location: West Fowl River Al
Contact:

Re: 20 trillion in debt

Postby zirlottkim » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:40 pm

Stocker Steve wrote:
zirlottkim wrote:Who knows how all this will play out.


Lots of history on how it will end.
Question is when?

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." Thomas Pain
0 x

farmguy
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:20 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: 20 trillion in debt

Postby farmguy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:47 pm

Highpoint wrote "With lower taxes regan brought down debt and increased monies for the government thru growth. The growth jump went to 7 and if we even were close to that the debt would drop fast. We have been at 1 or below. It is always better to get tax money from wages of millions more people than just a few."

I vote GOP but this is the truth. Largest increase in national debt since FDR and the depression.

https://www.thebalance.com/us-debt-by-p ... nt-3306296

Ronald Reagen Added $1.86 trillion, a 186 percent increase from the $998 billion debt at the end of Carter's last budget, FY 1981.
0 x

User avatar
Ryder
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5448
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:30 am
Location: Southeast Louisiana (Rep. of W. Fla.)

Re: 20 trillion in debt

Postby Ryder » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:55 am

zirlottkim wrote:https://youtu.be/Tym9AhMNcP0 That doesn't even take into account the unfunded liabilities that stand at $890,000 per taxpayer. The 20 trillion will never be paid back. It might could be brought under control but Americans don't have the stomach for the sacrifices it would take. Congress cant even balance a budget for one year so paying down the debt wont ever happen. It will just keep on piling up and adding more digits and devaluing the dollars in circulation until.............the U.S. Dollar is no longer the World currency. That has been happening already. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-0 ... d-standard
Dollars are not backed by gold or any other asset. No one even knows how much gold reserves the U.S. holds. Congress will not vote to audit the Federal Reserve Bank. Who knows how all this will play out.

Going off the gold standard ushered in worthless money
1 x
Ryder

Deo Vindice

User avatar
BK9954
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1254
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:15 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: 20 trillion in debt

Postby BK9954 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:46 pm

We will print our way out of it, hyperinflation will hit, everyone who holds a dollar will be screwed, and we will collapse. It will be Venezuela. No one wants a worthless watered down currency. There is no way to pay back the debt with our spending habits and future liabilities.
0 x
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it" Winston Churchill

User avatar
Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 12238
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:37 pm
Location: Lillooet, BC, Canada

Re: 20 trillion in debt

Postby Nesikep » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:10 pm

I think we can all agree that something is going to happen sometime... this just can't keep going..

The trillion dollar question is WHEN! One major flaw in the way everyone looks at inflation is to look at other currencies.. All of which are doing the same thing! My cousin bought a house 5 years ago and sold it recently, more than doubling their money... THAT is more like the real inflation rate, to heck with what the central banks say about 1.5% yearly inflation, it's far far higher than that.
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

User avatar
BK9954
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1254
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:15 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: 20 trillion in debt

Postby BK9954 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:58 pm

Stocker Steve wrote:
zirlottkim wrote:Who knows how all this will play out.


Lots of history on how it will end.
Question is when?

It's coming when the other countries are ready and set up for it. It will impact everyone worldwide, but it will be strategic. When we outlive our usefulness or become too much of a liability to China or the other currency holders they will call in the debts. Who knows, when we pizz them off enough, go to war with N. Korea, A nuke here would wipe our economy out. It could happen a lot of ways. Just be ready, I have been ready for the last 12 years, saw the 2008 crash coming and started then. My brother majored in Business Economics and said get ready, a crisis is inevitable. Just waiting for the next one. The stock market is arificially inflated right now, just like right before the huge crash in the great depression. If you have money to invest you can get rich if you know when to pull out. Too many people I have talked with are oblivious that another crash will happen, but it will.
1 x
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it" Winston Churchill


Return to “Every Thing Else Board”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests