20 trillion in debt

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Re: 20 trillion in debt

Postby Son of Butch » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:43 pm

HDRider wrote:Check this out... http://www.usdebtclock.org/

How is it debt per citizen is remaining 100% constant?
0 x

zirlottkim
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby zirlottkim » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:24 am

Son of Butch wrote:

It doesn't remain constant. Top right hand corner is a link to the past and future debt clock. The debt per citizen has well over doubled since 04. According to the chart, In 2021 every taxpayer will be responsible for almost $1,000,000 in unfunded liabilities. Most taxpayers do not have a net worth of $1 million. We will not continue indefinitely down this path.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:59 am

zirlottkim wrote:
Son of Butch wrote:

It doesn't remain constant. Top right hand corner is a link to the past and future debt clock. The debt per citizen has well over doubled since 04. According to the chart, In 2021 every taxpayer will be responsible for almost $1,000,000 in unfunded liabilities. Most taxpayers do not have a net worth of $1 million. We will not continue indefinitely down this path.

Nothing is permanent. Not even the solar system! I realize that is not what you meant but it is a waste of time to worry about a system of governance that is destined to fail. That applies broadly. It may sound crass but John Candy nailed it.

Go with the flow, like a twig on the shoulders of a mighty stream.
0 x

Stocker Steve
GURU
GURU

Postby Stocker Steve » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:59 pm

Because he government has propped up so many markets for so long, it will be a huge bust when it occurs.
Could be decades before it happens. Could be soon...
Just have to invest some time and money is what your family needs, even though it will not return 10% annually.
1 x
Stocker Steve

Sterlingacres
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Sterlingacres » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:14 pm

Compound interest is sinful and dangerous.

Sodomites and usurers rule too much of earth.
2 x

BrangusUSA
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby BrangusUSA » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:35 pm

Our politicians are mortgaging our children and grandchildrens future. I believe it is wrong and a sin. Americans as a whole have embraced the buy now and pay later culture. Many Americans are in debt up to their a$$ so they don't consider it an anathema when politicians do the same to our country.
My goal is to be as self sufficient as possible but I haven't gotten there yet. Plus, I am not sure anyone can plan for the hyper-inflation that will be coming.
0 x

BK9954
GURU
GURU

Postby BK9954 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:15 pm

BrangusUSA wrote:Our politicians are mortgaging our children and grandchildrens future. I believe it is wrong and a sin. Americans as a whole have embraced the buy now and pay later culture. Many Americans are in debt up to their a$$ so they don't consider it an anathema when politicians do the same to our country.
My goal is to be as self sufficient as possible but I haven't gotten there yet. Plus, I am not sure anyone can plan for the hyper-inflation that will be coming.

Look at what you buy now and what you could survive without buying. Fuel would be it, and paying property taxes are the ones that I need money for. For whatever jobs that would last through that crash hopefully the salaries would adjust quickly enough to the inflation rate, if you could find a job. If that happens, it will be worse then the depression, the mob mentality of the country has changed from the 1930's and our cream puff offended youth aren't prepared at all.
2 x
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it" Winston Churchill

zirlottkim
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby zirlottkim » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:38 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
zirlottkim wrote:
Son of Butch wrote:

[b]Go with the flow, like a twig on the shoulders of a mighty stream.[/b]

Isn't that the exact attitude that brought about the financial mess the country is in at present? Someone sure needs to buck the current.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:43 pm

zirlottkim wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
zirlottkim wrote:

Isn't that the exact attitude that brought about the financial mess the country is in at present? Someone sure needs to buck the current.

Not going to happen. The Government giveth, but never taketh away.

But you already said that!!! So why are we having this discussion?
0 x

zirlottkim
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby zirlottkim » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:58 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
zirlottkim wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

Maybe for nothing else than to get people to think a little bit. Critical thinking seems to be lacking by today's populace. Im reminded of this quote. "It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." Samuel Adams
1 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:25 pm

zirlottkim wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
zirlottkim wrote:Isn't that the exact attitude that brought about the financial mess the country is in at present? Someone sure needs to buck the current.

Maybe for nothing else than to get people to think a little bit. Critical thinking seems to be lacking by today's populace. Im reminded of this quote. "It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." Samuel Adams

Cheers for the tireless minority. Going to take more than a brushfire to change the course we are on. Might be better to just enjoy the ride.
0 x

BK9954
GURU
GURU

Postby BK9954 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:43 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
zirlottkim wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

Cheers for the tireless minority. Going to take more than a brushfire to change the course we are on. Might be better to just enjoy the ride.

The irate minority is on the other side of the spectrum this time. They are changing it farther and quickly in the opposite direction then our founding fathers. Don't enjoy the ride, prepare yourself for the crash and buy life preservers cause we are all going down with the ship.
0 x
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it" Winston Churchill

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:46 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
zirlottkim wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

That's a real half azz way to look at things. You can make a difference if you try...well maybe not. He was a liberal and a pos but I appreciated his quotes.

And so, my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you -- ask what you can do for your country.
As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.
Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal.
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future. JFK
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Farm Fence Solutions
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:11 am

To prepare myself to be in the best position when hyperinflation sets in, I spend every dollar I make. Cash will be worthless. Boats are where it's at.
1 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:31 pm

Farm Fence Solutions wrote:To prepare myself to be in the best position when hyperinflation sets in, I spend every dollar I make. Cash will be worthless. Boats are where it's at.

Agreed, except on the boats part... We try and set ourselves up to be able to produce, because anything produced will follow inflation.. wages not so much! That's why we have a fleet of good, older tractors that we can fix ourselves if need be, we have cultivators, seeders, etc
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”