20 trillion in debt

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
User avatar
Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 12231
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:37 pm
Location: Lillooet, BC, Canada

Re: 20 trillion in debt

Postby Nesikep » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:50 am

BK9954 wrote:
farmerjan wrote:Anyone ever dealt with Lear Capital? Heard them advertised on Rush Limbaugh. Got a prospectus in the mail and am considering it. They will also buy back; question is what would you use for the "money" if the dollar goes to he// ? I am a big believer in silver also since it is used in so many industrial applications. It is fairly cheap now, less than $20. I remember when it hit nearly $50 a few years ago. Have only ever invested in actual silver like pre 1964 quarters but am looking to do something while the market is so high and get some of my retirement money into something more safe and sensible than the stock market. Lost too much in 2008 and I am getting too close to retirement now.

You would use hyper inflated dollars or possibly have it paid back in euros or another currency if they are stable. The only good thing about getting hyper inflated dollars back is I could pay off my mortgage with worthless dollars.

as long as you can generate the money to service the debt, it's a good thing to have debt when hyperinflation hits...

That's what scares me about all this corporate land buying, it's all on credit, and when SHTF, they'll own all the assets they and pay for it with garbage money
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 28040
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: 20 trillion in debt

Postby TexasBred » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:13 pm

Nesikep wrote:
BK9954 wrote:
farmerjan wrote:Anyone ever dealt with Lear Capital? Heard them advertised on Rush Limbaugh. Got a prospectus in the mail and am considering it. They will also buy back; question is what would you use for the "money" if the dollar goes to he// ? I am a big believer in silver also since it is used in so many industrial applications. It is fairly cheap now, less than $20. I remember when it hit nearly $50 a few years ago. Have only ever invested in actual silver like pre 1964 quarters but am looking to do something while the market is so high and get some of my retirement money into something more safe and sensible than the stock market. Lost too much in 2008 and I am getting too close to retirement now.

You would use hyper inflated dollars or possibly have it paid back in euros or another currency if they are stable. The only good thing about getting hyper inflated dollars back is I could pay off my mortgage with worthless dollars.

as long as you can generate the money to service the debt, it's a good thing to have debt when hyperinflation hits...

That's what scares me about all this corporate land buying, it's all on credit, and when SHTF, they'll own all the assets they and pay for it with garbage money

It was bought with garbage money as well. Just depends on how far you want to push the rope.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

User avatar
Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 12231
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:37 pm
Location: Lillooet, BC, Canada

Re: 20 trillion in debt

Postby Nesikep » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:06 pm

Yeah, that's true too.
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

Stocker Steve
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7137
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 8:28 am
Location: Central Minnesota

Re: 20 trillion in debt

Postby Stocker Steve » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:29 am

Nesikep wrote:as long as you can generate the money to service the debt, it's a good thing to have debt when hyperinflation hits...
That's what scares me about all this corporate land buying, it's all on credit, and when SHTF, they'll own all the assets they and pay for it with garbage money


We have five families that are expanding in our area. Three buy large blocks of livestock land using FSA subsidized beginner farmer loans, and two rent a lot of crop land. Short term - - the local coffee shop experts don't think any of them are making much of a profit with the current commodity prices and low land appreciation. Longer term - - the land buyers will either go broke :( or profit greatly from the leverage. :banana: What are you betting?
0 x
Stocker Steve

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4112
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: 20 trillion in debt

Postby True Grit Farms » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:18 am

Stocker Steve wrote:
Nesikep wrote:as long as you can generate the money to service the debt, it's a good thing to have debt when hyperinflation hits...
That's what scares me about all this corporate land buying, it's all on credit, and when SHTF, they'll own all the assets they and pay for it with garbage money


We have five families that are expanding in our area. Three buy large blocks of livestock land using FSA subsidized beginner farmer loans, and two rent a lot of crop land. Short term - - the local coffee shop experts don't think any of them are making much of a profit with the current commodity prices and low land appreciation. Longer term - - the land buyers will either go broke :( or profit greatly from the leverage. :banana: What are you betting?


Profit greatly is my guess. The citizens of this country bail the farmers out on a continuous basis for reasons that make no sense. Some farmers are the hardest working freeloaders in the US of A.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

User avatar
BrangusUSA
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:26 pm

Re: 20 trillion in debt

Postby BrangusUSA » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:22 am

:?: True Grit can you elaborate on the above statement please?
0 x

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4112
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: 20 trillion in debt

Postby True Grit Farms » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:11 pm

BrangusUSA wrote::?: True Grit can you elaborate on the above statement please?


What part? The subsidies, cost share, low interest loans, beginning farmer loans, EQIP, WHIP, CSP, CRP it's all welfare and food stamps under different names and titles.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 28040
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: 20 trillion in debt

Postby TexasBred » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:20 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
BrangusUSA wrote::?: True Grit can you elaborate on the above statement please?


What part? The subsidies, cost share, low interest loans, beginning farmer loans, EQIP, WHIP, CSP, CRP it's all welfare and food stamps under different names and titles.

Couldn't help but notice many of those require repayments. How is that a "bailout"???
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

User avatar
BrangusUSA
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:26 pm

Re: 20 trillion in debt

Postby BrangusUSA » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:13 am

True Grit I like my statement better...
"Some farmers are the hardest working people in the US of A."

I haven't personally used any of those programs so I cannot vouch for their use/abuse.
1 x


Return to “Every Thing Else Board”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests