Mahindra Tractors

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
poorboy
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: Mahindra Tractors

Postby poorboy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:01 am

Neighbor bought one pretty good size. Had a few minor issues with the loader, but was taken care of with warranty. He kept bragging it up, until the rear end broke into with a disc mower. Took about three months but was covered. He ran it through an auction and got a bid for half of its cost. He sold it finally privately I have no idea what he got. The price new was tempting, and to be honest he is known to be a little rough with equipment. But with my luck lately I don't have any room to talk about people. :oops:
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:12 am

midTN_Brangusman wrote:
jltrent wrote:Don't want one. Trade-in/sales valve is almost giveaway. I have watched them for years sale on Ebay and bids are hard to come by on them and the Kubotas have bids galore. That tells me all I want to know.

I looked at one also and decided to go with JD. May cost a little more but will hold resale value.

A bit more than "a little more"....more like double the price +
1 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

Dogs and Cows
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Dogs and Cows » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:37 am

I run a Mahindra for the past 3 years...have a buddy that runs one too. Mine has been trouble free...doing everything I ask of it. Buddy is brutal on his...and so far no issues. They are making inroads in this area...we see more and more. Also, have a very good service dealer just down the road. I am very pleased with the Mahindra.

Tim
0 x

Supa Dexta
GURU
GURU

Postby Supa Dexta » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:55 am

What size, and what type of work?
0 x

midTN_Brangusman
Rancher
Rancher

Postby midTN_Brangusman » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:00 pm

TexasBred wrote:
midTN_Brangusman wrote:
jltrent wrote:Don't want one. Trade-in/sales valve is almost giveaway. I have watched them for years sale on Ebay and bids are hard to come by on them and the Kubotas have bids galore. That tells me all I want to know.

I looked at one also and decided to go with JD. May cost a little more but will hold resale value.

14 grand to be exact, very glad I made the upgrade. In my area its JD or Kubota, be hard to sale a Mahindra.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:47 pm

midTN_Brangusman wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
midTN_Brangusman wrote:

14 grand to be exact, very glad I made the upgrade. In my area its JD or Kubota, be hard to sale a Mahindra.

Maybe so. Only JD's around here are the 100 HP and up models. For smaller jobs and smaller operators (45-65 HP) it's Mahindra, smaller NH and seeing more and more of the Kioti tractors.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

bigbull338
Beefmaster Breeder
Beefmaster Breeder

Postby bigbull338 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:15 pm

i was considering a mahindra 105p that was used 3 months ago.but i was thinking about being able to get parts.as well as the time spent in the shop if broke down.ended up going with a case 110a.the 110a has been baling and cutting hay for the last month.
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:24 am

Their not built any lighter,than the other new ones... Maybe even heavier than most...
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”