what did you do at your day job today

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
BK9954
GURU
GURU

Re: what did you do at your day job today

Postby BK9954 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:32 am

Absolutely hate my day job. Stuck in it by the chains of a salary. Cant find another making the same money with less hours. Used to be my job got me motivated and I strived to advance. Now I find myself just trying to make it to my next day off. It sucks being in a position like this. I should be thankful to be working but hate what I do. I have applied for atleast 50 jobs in the last 3 years and interviewed for 15. None of them had the money or schedule that made sense. I pray about it all the time. Being in restuarant management for 15 years has left me not qualified for other jobs and making too much to switch and start from the bottom in another. 70-80 hours a week and working EVERY major holiday doesn't make it any better either. But it does allow me to buy more cattle. :D
Last edited by BK9954 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1 x
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it" Winston Churchill

Stones
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Stones » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:20 pm

Spent the last 72 hours straight recommissioning a set of 3000hp draw works and DDCS in the south Atlantic off the coast of Brazil. She's working so I am heading back to shore for a nap then hopefully a nice plane ride home.
1 x
I can fix a lot of things...stupid is not one of them.

RanchMan90
GURU
GURU

Postby RanchMan90 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:35 pm

BK9954 wrote:Absolutely hate my day job. Stuck in it by the chains of a salary. Cant find another making the same money with less hours. Used to be my job got me motivated and I strived to advance. Now I find myself just trying to make it to my next day off. It sucks being in a position like this. I should be thankful to be working but hate what I do. I have applied for atleast 50 jobs in the last 3 years and interviewed for 15. None of them had the money or schedule that made sense. I pray about it all the time. Being in restuarant management for 15 years has left me not qualified for other jobs and making too much to switch and start from the bottom in another. 70-80 hours a week and working EVERY major holiday doesn't make it any better either. But it does allow me to buy more cattle. :D

If it allows you to buy cattle it must be a pretty good job :cboy:
0 x
The secret to getting ahead is getting started ~ Mark Twain

BK9954
GURU
GURU

Postby BK9954 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:46 pm

RanchMan90 wrote:
BK9954 wrote:Absolutely hate my day job. Stuck in it by the chains of a salary. Cant find another making the same money with less hours. Used to be my job got me motivated and I strived to advance. Now I find myself just trying to make it to my next day off. It sucks being in a position like this. I should be thankful to be working but hate what I do. I have applied for atleast 50 jobs in the last 3 years and interviewed for 15. None of them had the money or schedule that made sense. I pray about it all the time. Being in restuarant management for 15 years has left me not qualified for other jobs and making too much to switch and start from the bottom in another. 70-80 hours a week and working EVERY major holiday doesn't make it any better either. But it does allow me to buy more cattle. :D

If it allows you to buy cattle it must be a pretty good job :cboy:

Pays good, they just work the crap out of you all week and they squeeze every drop they can. In my industry we call this kind of company a meat grinder. Had 1 dayw off yesterday. Ran cattle in the morning, slept half the afternoon, hauled hay last night and back on a 70 hour stretch today. If I could get out and not sink financially I would leave this minute.
0 x
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it" Winston Churchill

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:54 pm

Having had an almost exact situation almost ruin my life, I'd go back and take one of those jobs...and forget the money. You'll learn to live on less and need less. Beats the he// out of ending up in the funny farm. You will survive.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

pricefarm
Rancher
Rancher

Postby pricefarm » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:47 pm

This was my day. This farmer thought he could make it under these lines but couldn't !!

0 x

pricefarm
Rancher
Rancher

Postby pricefarm » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:55 pm

Layed this tile yesterday in a rental house that I bought and remodeling

0 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”