AI and ET Costs

Breed your cows to the best bulls in the nation!
AI Tags
Beginner
Beginner

Re: AI and ET Costs

Postby AI Tags » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:30 am

bse, A.I.TAGS are usually found at the $1.35 range in the US. Do you feel that is too high a price for you to pay? Have you tried them?
0 x

Jeanne - Simme Valley
GURU
GURU

Postby Jeanne - Simme Valley » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:17 pm

Not much difference in price. Estrotech was $1.23/tag - just purchased. Genex tech delivers them.
0 x
Simme Valley of New York - http://www.SimmeValley.com
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."

bse
GURU
GURU

Postby bse » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:54 pm

I only pay $1 for estrotec, they look the same to me, unless there's something im not seeing, estrogen can be bought all day at $57 for 50 I get along great with them.
So to answer havent tried them and yes to much!!!!
0 x

AI Tags
Beginner
Beginner

Postby AI Tags » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:26 pm

Very good you asked about the difference. To have a higher success rate breeding, rather than a scratch off layer, AI Tags have a rub-off layer. It takes the mounting action to remove the top layer, so no more guessing if it was mounting action or something else that removed the top layer. At trade shows the demonstration shows how you can't remove the top layer, even when rubbing with a quarter. Another benefit is the bright signal color will eventually turn white under excessive mounting, a sign that the optimal time to service is at hand or may have passed. Finally, the adhesive activates with the heat of the cow resulting in greater adhesion. These are the reasons that AI and ET breeders say that they love using AI Tags. CRI plans to carry AI Tags, currently they are only available on the Amazon under AI Tags.

Please do let me know if you have any questions on the use of AI Tags, I'm always available to answer any questions.
0 x

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:38 pm

Looks like a better product and I can get use to the little extra $. I have many cedar trees and those scratches are a problem. I just restocked on the other brand so it'll be a while before i can give these a go.
0 x
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

bse
GURU
GURU

Postby bse » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:57 am

AI Certainly no knocking your product, I know nothing about it except it costs more, for something better it may be worth it. But I get along great with the other and can tell scratch from heat. If I'm at a trade show and see it, I'll certainly take a look
0 x

cow pollinater
GURU
GURU

Postby cow pollinater » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:11 pm

I thought product sales were a no no.
Anybody that watches cattle can tell the difference between a few scratch marks and standing heat.
1 x

pdfangus
GURU
GURU

Postby pdfangus » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:18 am

in my opinion AI would be your best investment.

you have the luxury then of selecting whatever you desire in a bull or bulls and breeding each cow how ever you want that cow bred.

I have bought embryos and have harvested embryos from our own cows...it was worthwhile but we felt we made more progress by trying to get every cow bred AI than we did by sinking a lot of money in embryo transfer for a limited number of calves..
0 x
Strength is of no value if it does not have a
useful application for good.
Jim Tate
pdfangus@gmail.com

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Postby wbvs58 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:51 pm

pdfangus wrote:in my opinion AI would be your best investment.

you have the luxury then of selecting whatever you desire in a bull or bulls and breeding each cow how ever you want that cow bred.

I have bought embryos and have harvested embryos from our own cows...it was worthwhile but we felt we made more progress by trying to get every cow bred AI than we did by sinking a lot of money in embryo transfer for a limited number of calves..

I agree, in my small herd of 25 cows I like to keep about 5 cow lines for diversity, ET would make me very top heavy in those lines. I get 90% bred to AI. If I am having trouble getting a replacement heifer from a cow sexed semen is very usefull.

Ken
0 x

Return to “Artificial Insemination (AI) for Cattle”