college football

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Re: college football

Postby greybeard » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:42 pm

TexasBred wrote:
greybeard wrote:Texas A&M is looking for a new head coach...Sumlin fired.

Yep....amazing how fickle the alumni are these days. Give you a raise and extension one year then run you off the next. Ten million should last him a little while anyway. 8-5 may look darn good the next few years.

Well, they don't play UT anymore, so the one team they have to beat every year is LSU. Lose to the Tigers and a head coach job is in jepopardy no matter what happened the year before, but they let LSU beat them this year and let LSU put 54 points on the board last year... Is Jimbo Fisher ready to move?
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:08 am

greybeard wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
greybeard wrote:Texas A&M is looking for a new head coach...Sumlin fired.

Yep....amazing how fickle the alumni are these days. Give you a raise and extension one year then run you off the next. Ten million should last him a little while anyway. 8-5 may look darn good the next few years.

Well, they don't play UT anymore, so the one team they have to beat every year is LSU. Lose to the Tigers and a head coach job is in jepopardy no matter what happened the year before, but they let LSU beat them this year and let LSU put 54 points on the board last year... Is Jimbo Fisher ready to move?

GB LSU has been beating up on the Aggies since I was there in the 60's. Manziel couldn't even beat them. Just got that Voodoo magic going for them. :lol2:
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

wlamarparmer
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby wlamarparmer » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:04 pm

Something about Tiger Stadium, coaches, fans, alumni, all say we want night games. Noon. mid afternoon
games generally competitive, nite games look out. Even announcers admit that. I know home field always
advantage, but think most less than Sat Night in Baton Rouge. With all openings Summerlin will make someone
proud/happy next year. Too much chasing the money, not concentrating athletes/football/sports. My school as guilty
as any. A game with AU few years ago actually registered on La seismograph.
W. Lamar Parmer, DVM
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:36 pm

TexasBred wrote:
greybeard wrote:
TexasBred wrote:Yep....amazing how fickle the alumni are these days. Give you a raise and extension one year then run you off the next. Ten million should last him a little while anyway. 8-5 may look darn good the next few years.

GB LSU has been beating up on the Aggies since I was there in the 60's. Manziel couldn't even beat them. Just got that Voodoo magic going for them. :lol2:

Yeah, but TAMU wasn't SEC then and had UT as their #1 rival. UT loss to A&M meant a coaching job was in jeopardy too. Lose to both A&M and OU and LOOK OUT!
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:13 am

Official (for this week)

0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:44 am

greybeard wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
greybeard wrote:Well, they don't play UT anymore, so the one team they have to beat every year is LSU. Lose to the Tigers and a head coach job is in jepopardy no matter what happened the year before, but they let LSU beat them this year and let LSU put 54 points on the board last year... Is Jimbo Fisher ready to move?

Yeah, but TAMU wasn't SEC then and had UT as their #1 rival. UT loss to A&M meant a coaching job was in jeopardy too. Lose to both A&M and OU and LOOK OUT!

Wow how times have changed. Now it's lose to Iowa State and Kansas and "lookout". :lol2:
0 x

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:01 pm

Some may say that Wisconsin doesn't have strength of schedule, but they've beaten a couple ranked teams. They beat FAU who is the C-USA conference leader (which is a patsy conference, but that's still a better team than Alabama's Mercer, and better than Utah State that Wisconsin also took care of). FSU is not even close to what they were expected to be, and shouldn't count as a good win. I won't disagree with Clemson being up there. Auburn, maybe, but I don't think Alabama is as powerful as everyone thinks they are. Oklahoma should not be ahead of Wisconsin.

I think it should be:
Clemson
Wisconsin (b/c they are undefeated)
Auburn
and then the 4th place team is a toss up between Oklahoma, Miami and Georgia.
0 x
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book. ~Henry David Thoreau

HeII is other people. ~Sartre

midTN_Brangusman
Rancher
Rancher

Postby midTN_Brangusman » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:31 am

Well, looks like our AD is going to talk with Sumlin today. With the past few attempted hires, I would be very pleased with y'alls sloppy seconds. Wife is an aggie so im sure she will have fun with it if it goes down.
0 x

FlyingLSimmentals
GURU
GURU

Postby FlyingLSimmentals » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:08 am

Tennessee needs new AD now as well as a Coach. Poor Vols!
1 x

midTN_Brangusman
Rancher
Rancher

Postby midTN_Brangusman » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:55 am

FlyingLSimmentals wrote:Tennessee needs new AD now as well as a Coach. Poor Vols!

Glad he's out! It is well known he was an arrogant be nice and no one wanted to work with him.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:36 am

midTN_Brangusman wrote:Well, looks like our AD is going to talk with Sumlin today. With the past few attempted hires, I would be very pleased with y'alls sloppy seconds. Wife is an aggie so im sure she will have fun with it if it goes down.

I wouldn't consider Sumlin a sloppy second...he's a darn good coach adn a class act.
1 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:25 am

0 x

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:10 pm

Do you guys really think Jimbo would leave FSU for T A&M?
0 x
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are.
-Anais Nin

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:23 pm

bball wrote:Do you guys really think Jimbo would leave FSU for T A&M?

The fans are not happy after this horrible year. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go.
0 x
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book. ~Henry David Thoreau

HeII is other people. ~Sartre

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:32 pm

bball wrote:Do you guys really think Jimbo would leave FSU for T A&M?

:nod: :nod: Why not? Nothing special about FSU.
0 x

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”