Beat this...

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
ohiosteve
GURU
GURU

Re: Beat this...

Postby ohiosteve » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:53 am

Got over a little too far onto a soft shoulder to avoid a truck coming at me head on. Can't believe I didn't roll. Had about 20 tons of drilling mud on.
1 x
The truest of warriors is often overlooked.

alisonb
GURU
GURU

Postby alisonb » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:04 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: I don't feel so alone.
0 x
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

hillbilly beef man
GURU
GURU

Postby hillbilly beef man » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:15 pm

I always hauled 8 cows on my stock trailer. I got eight together in the pen and ran them in the trailer and it was only half full. I was scratching my head trying to figure out where the extra room came from when I figured out I had left the escape door in the front open and half of the load had ran in the back door and straight out the front.
0 x
There is no education in the second kick of a mule.

boondocks
GURU
GURU

Postby boondocks » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:10 am

The Plow Queen was out of commission for the rest of the day.
0 x

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:30 am

wacocowboy wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:That’s a good one Alison I have done a few of those in my life. At least the window didn’t break and cut you. Be careful out there.

I've bounced several beer cans off the window with that one last swallow of hot beer in the bottom. Need to go back to smoking so the window will always be down.

Shouldn’t litter :hide:

I was thinking he needs to drink his beer faster!
1 x
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are.
-Anais Nin

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:39 am

I neglected to remember how many steps up a ladder I had gone and stepped off while still 3 rungs from the ground. Old people don;t bounce!
2 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

melking
GURU
GURU

Postby melking » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:38 am

dun wrote:I neglected to remember how many steps up a ladder I had gone and stepped off while still 3 rungs from the ground. Old people don;t bounce!

I just did that a couple of days ago. I hurt.
0 x
One thing you will never hear a southern boy say....Duct tape won't fix that, except, even duct tape can't fix stupid. It can, however, muffle it.

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:58 am

bball wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:
TexasBred wrote:I've bounced several beer cans off the window with that one last swallow of hot beer in the bottom. Need to go back to smoking so the window will always be down.

Shouldn’t litter :hide:

I was thinking he needs to drink his beer faster!

Or don’t drink and drive
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:11 am

dun wrote:I neglected to remember how many steps up a ladder I had gone and stepped off while still 3 rungs from the ground. Old people don;t bounce!

I've done that myself. I also remember being on the very top of a 6-foot wooden stepladder. I had turned around several times, and had lost track of which way the ladder was facing when I started down. Fortunately I was much younger then and managed to catch myself before I fell, but not before I had put my foot through the fold-out paint shelf.
0 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

alisonb
GURU
GURU

Postby alisonb » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:39 am

Some time back I decided to pump out the sludge that had collected at the bottom of the cement dam. The dam is 6ft deep and about 30ft wide, I use it for irrigation purposes(and it is home to approx 100 overgrown Koi that have now reverted to carp because I never culled :roll: ). Built a heavy grid that fits over the outlet hole so the bigger fish don't get sucked into outlet pipe. The outlet pipe obviously leads to the pump outside the dam.

Anyway, drained the dam to about 2ft, took a broom and waded into the dirty icy water towards the grid...barefoot. Set the grid aside, pump was on pumping water to the orchard, I started gently sweeping the muck towards the outlet hole.

Things were not happening fast enough for my liking so I decided to put my foot near the outlet pipe and check how strong the 'pull' was :lol: . Next instant my foot got sucked into the pipe right up to the bridge :shock: :shock: . I pulled and pulled, the pump on/off was on the other side of the wall and there was no one around to help me. It only sort of dawned on me after a while that I was in a real pickle. Couldn't get enough traction with my other foot. It meant sitting down on my bum in that dirty water and tugging my leg at the knee with both hands... :yuck: !

:dunce:
0 x
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:47 am

Rafter S wrote:

I've done that myself. I also remember being on the very top of a 6-foot wooden stepladder. I had turned around several times, and had lost track of which way the ladder was facing when I started down. Fortunately I was much younger then and managed to catch myself before I fell, but not before I had put my foot through the fold-out paint shelf.

WOW, I had never really thought of anyone else being dumb enough to do it. I didn;t want to post because I didn;t think anyone would believe someone could be that dumb.
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

Craig Miller
GURU
GURU

Postby Craig Miller » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:01 am

dun wrote:
Rafter S wrote:

WOW, I had never really thought of anyone else being dumb enough to do it. I didn;t want to post because I didn;t think anyone would believe someone could be that dumb.

Papaw missed the last step last year and busted the blood vessels in hiss eye from the jarring. He didn't fall down just stepped down hard. So you old farts better be careful. He's a lot older than y'all are unless some of you are older than 88.
0 x

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:23 am

Not me but a lady friend of mine was in her stock trailer cleaning it out. The wind blew the door shut. Her trailer has a slam latch with no inside release on the slam latch. She was stuck inside the trailer, alone, middle of no where ranch in Norther Nevada. Took her two hours to figure out something reach the latch release on the outside.
1 x

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:26 am

dun wrote:
Rafter S wrote:

Well, we may be the only two, but at least we aren't alone.
0 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:20 pm

Rafter S wrote:
dun wrote:
Rafter S wrote:

Well, we may be the only two, but at least we aren't alone.

I've done this too on a ladder, done it on our stairs. I've hit the ground so hard so many times. When I hopped off the 3rd from the bottom step on our stairs, I hit the tile floor on a knee and split it to the bone. Taped it up, all fixed, no problem.. I'm terrified of heights. But the last week I've been on the last couple rungs of our extension ladder in the living room painting. Love the looks on everyones face when they walk in and see me up there...sheer horror. I'm careful...i'm careful..knowing I forget what rung i'm on, I look at every one before I step down. Its when I get overconfident things happen....
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

Return to “Coffee Shop”