Bball - more calves

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6425
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Bball - more calves

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:46 am

I have a hot wire that calves can get under to get out from under mom's feet. These pictures show a congregation in the shop area where I throw down some hay and put out the feed troughs for the calves. Where that red gate is in the background, there is a false hotwire (not electrified). I can close the gate when the calves are all in. Then I can herd them into the halter area for haltering, vaccination, and drenching for worms and coccidiosis.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
1 x
Make America Happy Again

User avatar
BrangusUSA
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:26 pm

Re: Bball - more calves

Postby BrangusUSA » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:25 am

:tiphat: Now those are some nice calves!!! Also gave me some ideas for the future on facilities!
1 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4499
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas

Re: Bball - more calves

Postby callmefence » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:58 am

Nice bunch..the one does have a dwarfed appearance about it . Be interesting to see how it turns out.
1 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.




You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

User avatar
gizmom
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2725
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Molino Florida
Contact:

Re: Bball - more calves

Postby gizmom » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:17 pm

nice group of calves and beautiful country.

gizmom
1 x
Respect give it to get it!

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6425
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Bball - more calves

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:22 pm

callmefence wrote:Nice bunch..the one does have a dwarfed appearance about it . Be interesting to see how it turns out.


Andy,

I said it in the other thread on this calf. He has a unique look. I would not be surprised to learn he has one of the dwarf genes.

He makes me laugh. I get so much enjoyment out of his character. He walks around the group like he is already the herd bull. He is funnier than shyt.
0 x
Make America Happy Again

User avatar
Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2244
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:12 pm
Location: Idaho

Re: Bball - more calves

Postby Bestoutwest » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:08 pm

Really nice set of calves and really beautiful country. I like it.
1 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

User avatar
bball
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2673
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:43 am
Location: Indiana

Re: Bball - more calves

Postby bball » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:16 pm

You should be very proud of that group. Let me know how far in advance I have to speak up to get my hands on some of those Simm ladies for my FIL :lol:
Seriously Ron. Beautiful group and I can't wait to see their progression...especially Gimli (the dwarf looking fella with potential)..yes, I'm calling him Gimli for now.
1 x
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are. -Anais Nin
Happy people build their inner world; unhappy people blame their outer world. -Dalai Lama

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6425
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Bball - more calves

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:32 pm

bball wrote:You should be very proud of that group. Let me know how far in advance I have to speak up to get my hands on some of those Simm ladies for my FIL :lol:
Seriously Ron. Beautiful group and I can't wait to see their progression...especially Gimli (the dwarf looking fella with potential)..yes, I'm calling him Gimli for now.


I like that. Gimli. :lol:

Look how he presents himself. I may keep him as my mascot.
0 x
Make America Happy Again

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4499
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas

Re: Bball - more calves

Postby callmefence » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:00 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
callmefence wrote:Nice bunch..the one does have a dwarfed appearance about it . Be interesting to see how it turns out.


Andy,

I said it in the other thread on this calf. He has a unique look. I would not be surprised to learn he has one of the dwarf genes.

He makes me laugh. I get so much enjoyment out of his character. He walks around the group like he is already the herd bull. He is funnier than shyt.



I knew a dwarfed braford bull once. He was tigerstriped and had big turned down Hereford horns. He belonged to a rodeo stock contractor in Johnson county. They couldn't keep the little bull even in the same pasture more less the same pen as the others. He'd whip every body and everything. He was the bull they turned out with the clowns. (No he wasn't mescun) they finally had to get rid of him cause he kept hurting people. His anger for being tiny, plus the fact his small size made him corner faster than a big bull..or a bullfighter . They just couldn't handle him.
1 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.




You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6425
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Bball - more calves

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:13 am

callmefence wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
callmefence wrote:Nice bunch..the one does have a dwarfed appearance about it . Be interesting to see how it turns out.


Andy,

I said it in the other thread on this calf. He has a unique look. I would not be surprised to learn he has one of the dwarf genes.

He makes me laugh. I get so much enjoyment out of his character. He walks around the group like he is already the herd bull. He is funnier than shyt.



I knew a dwarfed braford bull once. He was tigerstriped and had big turned down Hereford horns. He belonged to a rodeo stock contractor in Johnson county. They couldn't keep the little bull even in the same pasture more less the same pen as the others. He'd whip every body and everything. He was the bull they turned out with the clowns. (No he wasn't mescun) they finally had to get rid of him cause he kept hurting people. His anger for being tiny, plus the fact his small size made him corner faster than a big bull..or a bullfighter . They just couldn't handle him.


I want to follow up. Fire Sweep is busy. But she sent me a text saying I was crazy if I thought the calf was a true genetic dwarf. Lol
0 x
Make America Happy Again

mrvictordomino
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 386
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: KY

Re: Bball - more calves

Postby mrvictordomino » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:27 am

Great looking set of calves. A real nice facility setup to handle your calves.
0 x
www.jmsvictordomino.com

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6425
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Bball - more calves

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:29 am

mrvictordomino wrote:Great looking set of calves. A real nice facility setup to handle your calves.


Thank you sir!
0 x
Make America Happy Again


Return to “Breeds Board”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: elkwc and 3 guests