I officially agree that the world's crazy

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Re: I officially agree that the world's crazy

Postby ALACOWMAN » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:52 pm

pdfangus wrote:Spam is one thing I ate so much of as a kid....

that I don't think I will ever push it down my neck again....

I can eat it but in my old age I prefer not to....

My daddy came thru the depression and he was the same way about rabbits and potatoes...said if he never ate another one of either it would be too soon...he used to hunt for the table with a slingshot...could knock cans off a fence quicker than a couple of us could set them up...
. Been eating spam ""lite""" lately,,,pretty good stuff...love it fried
0 x
there are two ways to argue with a woman.....neither one works..

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:04 pm

Yeah, you don't want to buying shrimp off a 'Fresh shrimp' truck parked on the side of a West Texas road and the truck has Minnesota plates on it.. I saw that once out near San Angelo..
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:15 pm

greybeard wrote:Yeah, you don't want to buying shrimp off a 'Fresh shrimp' truck parked on the side of a West Texas road and the truck has Minnesota plates on it.. I saw that once out near San Angelo..

I know first hand you don't want to eat any shrimp cocktail in Mexico. I was hoping someone would shoot me behind the ear for two days.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:27 pm

Montezuma's Revenge......
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

zirlottkim
Rancher
Rancher

Postby zirlottkim » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:40 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
greybeard wrote:Yeah, you don't want to buying shrimp off a 'Fresh shrimp' truck parked on the side of a West Texas road and the truck has Minnesota plates on it.. I saw that once out near San Angelo..

I know first hand you don't want to eat any shrimp cocktail in Mexico. I was hoping someone would shoot me behind the ear for two days.

90% of domestic shrimp are frozen on boats right after they are caught. Very few actual "fresh" shrimp hit the docks to be sold directly to the public. Many of the "side of the road" guys buy frozen shrimp, thaw, bag them and sell as "fresh off the boat". Frozen shrimp has got a bad name. Shrimp are better when frozen onboard. Freezing fish changes the flavor. Freezing Shrimp does not change the flavor.
Grit, people from south of the border have stomachs of iron.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:06 am

zirlottkim wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:

90% of domestic shrimp are frozen on boats right after they are caught. Very few actual "fresh" shrimp hit the docks to be sold directly to the public. Many of the "side of the road" guys buy frozen shrimp, thaw, bag them and sell as "fresh off the boat". Frozen shrimp has got a bad name. Shrimp are better when frozen onboard. Freezing fish changes the flavor. Freezing Shrimp does not change the flavor.
Grit, people from south of the border have stomachs of iron.

Sometimes I can taste the sodium bisulfate when they freeze the IQF shrimp offshore, but their still good. Most of the time we break the heads and freeze the shrimp ourselves. All shell fish freeze up good, you get out of the freezer what you put in it.
1 x

ropinranger
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby ropinranger » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:05 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:

:cboy: hey, just because y'all aren't "tough enough" to handle some West Texas, or below the border, cuisine, don't go around bad mouthing it to the rest of the world.....lol :cowboy:
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:59 pm

ropinranger wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:

:cboy: hey, just because y'all aren't "tough enough" to handle some West Texas, or below the border, cuisine, don't go around bad mouthing it to the rest of the world.....lol :cowboy:

I'm not sure what the toughest part was, it was very tender running out of both ends.
0 x

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:54 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
TCRanch wrote:Are you at your local grocery store? Sad that snow crab legs are $32 a box but even worse, anti-theft devices?

Yes ma'am one of them ... Very sad.. cashier said she thinks food stamps don't pay for them anymore so people
started stealing them.

Cashier lied... employee theft creates more inventory 'shrink' than shoplifters.
Perhaps cashier was Very sad because of the cut back in her employee 'fringe' benefits.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:17 pm

ropinranger wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:

Shrimp and crab legs doesn't qualify as "west Texas cuisine" anytime !!!! And this TexMex most sell ain't "below the border cuisine". You can take a lb. of hamburger, a head of lettuce, a tomato, a lb. of beans, a pkg of rice, a handful of cheese and handful of tortillas and make every dish on a texmex menu. Just give it a different name. Gotta be a profitable business.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Txpiney
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Txpiney » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:24 pm

Don't forget the jalapenos :cowboy:
0 x

ropinranger
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby ropinranger » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:57 pm