Cornbread

Post your favorite recipes or get help with a cooking problem here.
User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6990
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Cornbread

Postby Bright Raven » Wed May 16, 2018 8:23 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:Jiffy cornbread mix cooked like a cake topped with butter. I eat it as breakfast with my coffee regular. I like fried cornbread but not with my coffee.


That sounds like eating donuts. Cornbread is an art form.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

User avatar
snoopdog
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 642
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:16 am
Location: ne oklahoma

Re: Cornbread

Postby snoopdog » Thu May 17, 2018 7:29 pm

callmefence wrote:I guess it's my biggest shame. My name is fence, I'm from Texas , and I don't care for cornbread......
They still let me carry a gun and vote. But I can never run for governor.
"Off with his head "! Lol, that really does seem strange to me . What I mean is , of course everyone has different tastes , but you form a picture in your mind when you interact with folks on the web, and I just never would have thought you were a commie. insert laughing emoji
0 x
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 29539
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Cornbread

Postby TexasBred » Thu May 17, 2018 7:52 pm

snoopdog wrote:
callmefence wrote:I guess it's my biggest shame. My name is fence, I'm from Texas , and I don't care for cornbread......
They still let me carry a gun and vote. But I can never run for governor.
"Off with his head "! Lol, that really does seem strange to me . What I mean is , of course everyone has different tastes , but you form a picture in your mind when you interact with folks on the web, and I just never would have thought you were a commie. insert laughing emoji

Snoop he probably don't like buttermilk either. lol
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 22659
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas

Re: Cornbread

Postby Caustic Burno » Thu May 17, 2018 8:14 pm

Hot water cornbread with ribbon cane is tough to beat for breakfast.
0 x

M.Magis
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1689
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:29 pm
Location: Cambridge, Ohio

Re: Cornbread

Postby M.Magis » Thu May 17, 2018 8:34 pm

No such thing as good cornbread.

I’ll see myself out.
1 x

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 22659
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas

Re: Cornbread

Postby Caustic Burno » Thu May 17, 2018 9:24 pm

M.Magis wrote:No such thing as good cornbread.

I’ll see myself out.


You need an aspirin.
0 x

hillbilly beef man
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1329
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:30 pm
Location: northeast TN

Re: Cornbread

Postby hillbilly beef man » Thu May 17, 2018 10:27 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:Yall forgot the cracklins added to corn bread or maybe it was just us


Cracklin bread was always the best part of killing hogs to me. I'll take a slice of cracklin bread over a steak.
0 x
There is no education in the second kick of a mule.

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 22659
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas

Re: Cornbread

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri May 18, 2018 12:36 am

hillbilly beef man wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:Yall forgot the cracklins added to corn bread or maybe it was just us


Cracklin bread was always the best part of killing hogs to me. I'll take a slice of cracklin bread over a steak.


When I was a kid on hog killin days at grannies you had your choice brains and eggs for breakfast with cat head biscuits and super time hog liver with cat head biscuits.
0 x

User avatar
1982vett
GURU
GURU
Posts: 8414
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:57 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Cornbread

Postby 1982vett » Fri May 18, 2018 7:25 am

TexasBred wrote:
snoopdog wrote:
callmefence wrote:I guess it's my biggest shame. My name is fence, I'm from Texas , and I don't care for cornbread......
They still let me carry a gun and vote. But I can never run for governor.
"Off with his head "! Lol, that really does seem strange to me . What I mean is , of course everyone has different tastes , but you form a picture in your mind when you interact with folks on the web, and I just never would have thought you were a commie. insert laughing emoji

Snoop he probably don't like buttermilk either. lol

You all should be happy.....with callmefence and myself passing on the cornbread it leaves more at the trough for y'all..... :) I'm not a guy that has to have bread every time I eat....and your right TB...I'm not running up the price of buttermilk, don't drink milk all that often either. LOL.

CB....I'm glad I'm of a time in evolution we didn't have to eat that...... however I didn't escape the head sausage, beef liver, heart and tongue. Seems I remember chicken feet a time or to also..... :(
0 x
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. ~Albert Einstein
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day. ~Harry S. Truman

User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19054
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA

Re: Cornbread

Postby skyhightree1 » Fri May 18, 2018 8:08 am

Caustic Burno wrote:
hillbilly beef man wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:Yall forgot the cracklins added to corn bread or maybe it was just us


Cracklin bread was always the best part of killing hogs to me. I'll take a slice of cracklin bread over a steak.


When I was a kid on hog killin days at grannies you had your choice brains and eggs for breakfast with cat head biscuits and super time hog liver with cat head biscuits.


CB I still eat that today... I love hog liver
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 22659
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas

Re: Cornbread

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri May 18, 2018 8:53 am

I like liver as well . I had to pass on the brains and eggs as a kid.
I just settled for a biscuit at breakfast.
0 x


Return to “Recipes and Cooking”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: skyhightree1 and 1 guest