Jobs

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Re: Jobs

Post by backhoeboogie » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:15 am

Hootowl wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:43 pm
Overtime pays lots more than cows but the enjoyment I understand.
You just need to so salaried.

Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Post by greybeard » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:51 am

Allenw wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:11 pm
Son done that the other day, 6 ten hour night shifts a week for the last four months and he couldn't get a few days off that he needed.
I worked an oilfield job out in West Texas in 1993.. 63 straight 12-18 hr days grinding then slurrifying and injecting several thousand bbls of oilfield radioactive waste down an abandoned well. It was a rough one. Had lots of hands quit on that job, including one of my sons. I didn't blame them. It was rough, but I stuck it out and took 2 days off then drove from West Tx to Morgan City la and set up on another job of the same type..it only lasted 2 1/2 weeks tho and the hours were 12/day..

The things ya do when you're young..
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Allenw
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Post by Allenw » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:09 pm

greybeard wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:51 am
Allenw wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:11 pm
Son done that the other day, 6 ten hour night shifts a week for the last four months and he couldn't get a few days off that he needed.
I worked an oilfield job out in West Texas in 1993.. 63 straight 12-18 hr days grinding then slurrifying and injecting several thousand bbls of oilfield radioactive waste down an abandoned well. It was a rough one. Had lots of hands quit on that job, including one of my sons. I didn't blame them. It was rough, but I stuck it out and took 2 days off then drove from West Tx to Morgan City la and set up on another job of the same type..it only lasted 2 1/2 weeks tho and the hours were 12/day..

The things ya do when you're young..

He was working night maintenance at a sand mine, did it by himself for a mouth or so keeping a wet and dry plant up and operating over night. They finally got a couple more workers on night maintenance one had his two week notice in and the other one had already tried throwing him under the bus once. He also had issues with her wife who operates one of the plants. It was just time to go.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Post by greybeard » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:14 pm

They finally got a couple more workers on night maintenance one had his two week notice in and the other one had already tried throwing him under the bus once. He also had issues with her wife who operates one of the plants. It was just time to go.
I would probably be out the door pretty quick myself under those circumstances...
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.