Bern Baby Bern

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Post Reply
User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 30274
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas
Has thanked: 352 times
Been thanked: 272 times

Re: Bern Baby Bern

Post by TexasBred » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:42 pm

Buck Randall wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:48 pm
TexasBred wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:13 pm
Buck Randall wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:35 pm


Not a Bloomberg fan, but it's not like we don't have a precedent already for electing racists to the presidency.
You talking about Lyndon Johnson??
Sure. We have a long history of racist presidents from both parties. Current one included.
I've not noticed that Buck. Most of the civil rights leaders seem to think he's quite grand. Enlighten me


“Tell me what you brag about and I'll tell you what you lack”

Spanish Proverb

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 30274
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas
Has thanked: 352 times
Been thanked: 272 times

Re: Bern Baby Bern

Post by TexasBred » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:47 pm

Buck Randall wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:28 am
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:15 am
Any supporter of the party of partial-birth and late term abortion has lost all moral authority to preach to me about perceived racism either now or in the past.
You think I'm wrong about one issue, therefore I can't be right about anything else? I think abortion is awful, but I don't think it should be illegal for the same reasons that I don't believe in banning guns, alcohol, marijuana, prostitution, etc. Blanket bans on products and services don't work when demand exists. Providing free contraceptives and childcare would do more to prevent abortion than a ban ever could. Women aren't going out and having late term abortions for fun. They can be a medical necessity.
Buck they've already had their fun, thus the pregnancy. They apparently were not really concerned about their "health" during their passion, It's about the baby's body now.
“Tell me what you brag about and I'll tell you what you lack”

Spanish Proverb

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 30274
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas
Has thanked: 352 times
Been thanked: 272 times

Re: Bern Baby Bern

Post by TexasBred » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:48 pm

greybeard wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:09 am
I'm pretty sure he had a twin but went by the name George Parr and he lived in Duval County Tx....
If LBJ had a brother he will vote for another 100 years minimum. :lol2: :lol2:
“Tell me what you brag about and I'll tell you what you lack”

Spanish Proverb

User avatar
Aaron
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5055
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: Stratton, ON, Canada
Has thanked: 181 times
Been thanked: 383 times
Contact:

Re: Bern Baby Bern

Post by Aaron » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:24 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:45 pm
Caustic Burno wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:29 pm
sstterry wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:44 am


And this statement is an example of the problem. If someone disagrees with you politically they do not like OUR country and freedom. The other side says the same thing. This proves my point.

Your side just changed uniform color from white to black and still hiding behind a mask trying to intimidate.
The KKK and Antifa rally to the same side and both were or are supported by the party today. It’s still plantation politics.
The part I can’t grasp is why masses follow .
I am not a republican I am a libertarian.
aint that like driving a Volkswagen in a world of Cadillacs and Lincoln's?
More like driving a Ford in a world of Cadillac's and Tesla's. Full of old-fashioned American ideals but continually berated by the other two groups that think their shyt don't stink, or fail.
cor durum laborem

Buck Randall
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:45 pm
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 198 times

Re: Bern Baby Bern

Post by Buck Randall » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:08 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:42 pm
Buck Randall wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:48 pm
TexasBred wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:13 pm


You talking about Lyndon Johnson??
Sure. We have a long history of racist presidents from both parties. Current one included.
I've not noticed that Buck. Most of the civil rights leaders seem to think he's quite grand. Enlighten me
Which civil rights leaders are you referring to? Here are a few examples of his racism on display:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... ts/588067/

Buck Randall
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:45 pm
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 198 times

Re: Bern Baby Bern

Post by Buck Randall » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:17 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:47 pm
Buck Randall wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:28 am
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:15 am
Any supporter of the party of partial-birth and late term abortion has lost all moral authority to preach to me about perceived racism either now or in the past.
You think I'm wrong about one issue, therefore I can't be right about anything else? I think abortion is awful, but I don't think it should be illegal for the same reasons that I don't believe in banning guns, alcohol, marijuana, prostitution, etc. Blanket bans on products and services don't work when demand exists. Providing free contraceptives and childcare would do more to prevent abortion than a ban ever could. Women aren't going out and having late term abortions for fun. They can be a medical necessity.
Buck they've already had their fun, thus the pregnancy. They apparently were not really concerned about their "health" during their passion, It's about the baby's body now.
There's nothing passionate or fun about rape. Forcing a woman to carry a pregnancy that was forced on her is doubling down on injustice. Of course, in many cases there is no way for the courts to determine whether or not a woman has been assaulted within an appropriate period of time. Therefore, I think we have to let the women decide. Let God judge.

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 25008
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas
Has thanked: 291 times
Been thanked: 991 times

Re: Bern Baby Bern

Post by Caustic Burno » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:50 pm

sstterry wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:50 pm
Caustic Burno wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:29 pm
sstterry wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:44 am


And this statement is an example of the problem. If someone disagrees with you politically they do not like OUR country and freedom. The other side says the same thing. This proves my point.

Your side just changed uniform color from white to black and still hiding behind a mask trying to intimidate.
The KKK and Antifa rally to the same side and both were or are supported by the party today. It’s still plantation politics.
The part I can’t grasp is why masses follow .
CB Antifa is not supported by the left just the same as the KKK is not supported by the right. Those are rouge factions and no one supports them. To try and pin something like the KKK on a party from 100 years ago is not fair at all. Joseph McCarthy was a Republican. Does anyone today try and say that Republicans were the cause of McCarthyism? No, because it is not correct. It was a social Red scare that enveloped the whole country. Just like the KKK which was embraced by the South (both parties) after slavery.

The Democrats are the ones that fought for the end of segregation and for equal rights 60 years ago. Does that mean all Republicans are racists, of course not. They aren't.

And, to say, that "my side" changed uniform color would also be incorrect. Prior to Trump, I was a moderate Republican, but I never voted straight party-line because I think that it is ridiculous to vote for the party for the party's sake. In my view, our country comes before party. I try to take a pragmatic view of the facts and make up my own mind. Believe it or not, both sides sometimes have good ideas. But the whole tribal politics culture is taking our country down the tubes. I do not believe Trump is the answer to stopping that spiral.
You must be naive in believing Democrats fought to end segregation.
Al Gore’s daddy was marching in the anti segregation marches along with George Wallace causing federal troops to be sent in. Who do you think was passing Jim Crow laws? It was the Democrats! The blacks were republican until LBJ enslaved them with the Great Society.

“Jim Crow laws were state and local laws that enforced racial segregation in the Southern United States. All were enacted in the late 19th and early 20th centuries by white Democratic-dominated state legislatures after the Reconstruction period. The laws were enforced until 1965.”
Money doesn’t buy happiness, but the lack does buy misery.

User avatar
sstterry
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1895
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:04 am
Location: Bulls Gap, TN
Has thanked: 590 times
Been thanked: 366 times

Re: Bern Baby Bern

Post by sstterry » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:15 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:50 pm
You must be naive in believing Democrats fought to end segregation.
Al Gore’s daddy was marching in the anti segregation marches along with George Wallace causing federal troops to be sent in. Who do you think was passing Jim Crow laws? It was the Democrats! The blacks were republican until LBJ enslaved them with the Great Society.

“Jim Crow laws were state and local laws that enforced racial segregation in the Southern United States. All were enacted in the late 19th and early 20th centuries by white Democratic-dominated state legislatures after the Reconstruction period. The laws were enforced until 1965.”
You are absolutely right Al Gore Sr. was a hypocrite. But if you have to go back 70 years to make a point, where does that lead us?
I don't think that you can say that JFK did not do a lot to end segregation. LBJ was another hypocrite, he was a racist, but he did more to end segregation it than anyone else.

And you are also correct about the Southen Democrats, but it was not a Democrat vs Republican thing, it was a Southern thing. Southen Conservative Democrats controlled the legislatures at that time.

There is a reason the Black Community has traditionally voted Democratic in recent history.

PS.... I really enjoy this type of debate without the name-calling. No one on this Board is going to change anyone's mind. But I learn from differing views.

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19108
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx
Has thanked: 127 times
Been thanked: 667 times

Re: Bern Baby Bern

Post by greybeard » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:39 pm

I don't know how the Dems are going to finalize and push thru the "Anyone but Sanders" thing but it sure looks like that is their goal...again.
Makes one wonder just how democratic this republic really is, if the citizens of that party don't really get to vote on the candidate in the gen election if that candidate is who the majority (seemingly) wants.
Lots can change between now and the convention tho.
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

User avatar
sstterry
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1895
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:04 am
Location: Bulls Gap, TN
Has thanked: 590 times
Been thanked: 366 times

Re: Bern Baby Bern

Post by sstterry » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:46 pm

greybeard wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:39 pm
I don't know how the Dems are going to finalize and push thru the "Anyone but Sanders" thing but it sure looks like that is their goal...again.
Makes one wonder just how democratic this republic really is, if the citizens of that party don't really get to vote on the candidate in the gen election if that candidate is who the majority (seemingly) wants.
Lots can change between now and the convention tho.
The same thing can be said about the General Election last cycle. ( I was not a Hillary Clinton supporter, but she did win the popular vote by over 3 million votes)

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19108
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx
Has thanked: 127 times
Been thanked: 667 times

Re: Bern Baby Bern

Post by greybeard » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:30 am

Yes, but we operate under the electoral college system. At least the voters DID get the choice whether to vote for her or someone else.
I can assure, that had it been the other way around and HRC had won the electoral vote but not the popular vote, there isn't a Dem in the world that would have ever said a word about it..least of all HRC.
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 25008
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas
Has thanked: 291 times
Been thanked: 991 times

Re: Bern Baby Bern

Post by Caustic Burno » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:17 am

sstterry wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:46 pm
greybeard wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:39 pm
I don't know how the Dems are going to finalize and push thru the "Anyone but Sanders" thing but it sure looks like that is their goal...again.
Makes one wonder just how democratic this republic really is, if the citizens of that party don't really get to vote on the candidate in the gen election if that candidate is who the majority (seemingly) wants.
Lots can change between now and the convention tho.
The same thing can be said about the General Election last cycle. ( I was not a Hillary Clinton supporter, but she did win the popular vote by over 3 million votes)
We are not a democracy but a constitutional republic. Again it was set up that way from jump to stop a couple states from completely controlling every election.
Money doesn’t buy happiness, but the lack does buy misery.

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 25008
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas
Has thanked: 291 times
Been thanked: 991 times

Re: Bern Baby Bern

Post by Caustic Burno » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:14 am

sstterry wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:50 pm
Caustic Burno wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:29 pm
sstterry wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:44 am


And this statement is an example of the problem. If someone disagrees with you politically they do not like OUR country and freedom. The other side says the same thing. This proves my point.

Your side just changed uniform color from white to black and still hiding behind a mask trying to intimidate.
The KKK and Antifa rally to the same side and both were or are supported by the party today. It’s still plantation politics.
The part I can’t grasp is why masses follow .
CB Antifa is not supported by the left just the same as the KKK is not supported by the right. Those are rouge factions and no one supports them. To try and pin something like the KKK on a party from 100 years ago is not fair at all. Joseph McCarthy was a Republican. Does anyone today try and say that Republicans were the cause of McCarthyism? No, because it is not correct. It was a social Red scare that enveloped the whole country. Just like the KKK which was embraced by the South (both parties) after slavery.

The Democrats are the ones that fought for the end of segregation and for equal rights 60 years ago. Does that mean all Republicans are racists, of course not. They aren't.

And, to say, that "my side" changed uniform color would also be incorrect. Prior to Trump, I was a moderate Republican, but I never voted straight party-line because I think that it is ridiculous to vote for the party for the party's sake. In my view, our country comes before party. I try to take a pragmatic view of the facts and make up my own mind. Believe it or not, both sides sometimes have good ideas. But the whole tribal politics culture is taking our country down the tubes. I do not believe Trump is the answer to stopping that spiral.
Still the party of plantation politics.
The leopards spots haven’t changed.
The identity politics was a brilliant concept of divide and conquer to maintain power.
Got to take those rose colored glasses off to see clearly.
Money doesn’t buy happiness, but the lack does buy misery.

User avatar
sstterry
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1895
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:04 am
Location: Bulls Gap, TN
Has thanked: 590 times
Been thanked: 366 times

Re: Bern Baby Bern

Post by sstterry » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:38 am

greybeard wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:30 am
Yes, but we operate under the electoral college system. At least the voters DID get the choice whether to vote for her or someone else.
I can assure, that had it been the other way around and HRC had won the electoral vote but not the popular vote, there isn't a Dem in the world that would have ever said a word about it..least of all HRC.
I am not complaining about it, I made that statement in response to the "vote for who the majority chooses comment"
Trump won. No complaints on the process.

Buck Randall
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:45 pm
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 198 times

Re: Bern Baby Bern

Post by Buck Randall » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:34 am

greybeard wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:39 pm
I don't know how the Dems are going to finalize and push thru the "Anyone but Sanders" thing but it sure looks like that is their goal...again.
Makes one wonder just how democratic this republic really is, if the citizens of that party don't really get to vote on the candidate in the gen election if that candidate is who the majority (seemingly) wants.
Lots can change between now and the convention tho.
Sanders' support runs a mile deep but only a foot wide. At this point in the process, he's basically where Trump was in the last Republican primary. While his fans are extremely devoted, he doesn't have majority support. He needs the other candidates to continue to split votes the way that Rubio/Kasich/Cruz did for Trump. I don't see Buttigieg/Biden/Klobuchar allowing that to happen. As soon as one of those three starts to separate, the other two will likely step aside in exchange for a cabinet position or some other high ranking job.

Post Reply