New to the Board....

Let us know who you are.
Rough'n'Ready Plantation
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Rough'n'Ready Plantation » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:20 am

to Cypress: I've been through New Roads actually. We drove through there on an Agribusiness Club field trip to see a cotton gin about 10 minutes north of there. I've also been to Zachary and Clinton. North Louisiana isn't all pine trees and hills now... my family's farm is actually in the Red River Valley, very fertile ground.

to Springer Farms: I've done research online and i'm very interested in Murray Grey's. Each year my family goes to Indiana to visit my dad's side of the family, and we go south of little rock on I-40, so next year I might have to make a detour to see your herd.

Random question: How do you get more stars by your name? Based on your post count?
0 x
"Things turn out the best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out"- John Wooden

cypressfarms
GURU
GURU

Postby cypressfarms » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:16 am

Rough'n'Ready Plantation wrote:to Cypress: I've been through New Roads actually. We drove through there on an Agribusiness Club field trip to see a cotton gin about 10 minutes north of there. I've also been to Zachary and Clinton. North Louisiana isn't all pine trees and hills now... my family's farm is actually in the Red River Valley, very fertile ground.

Random question: How do you get more stars by your name? Based on your post count?

There is an old cotton gin in Lettsworth, but it's not in operation anymore. My old stomping grounds. There is a new cotton gin around Hamburg, maybe that's the one you visited.

Nope, not all pine trees. Only joking about that.

The stars come with how many posts you have, but be careful by judging someone by how many posts they have. They are some who have a high post count who don't seem to have the knowledge of a hill of beans.
0 x
waiting for something really important to say

warpaint
GURU
GURU

Postby warpaint » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:04 am

Welcome Rough! I'm doing a construction job just south of you in Donaldsonville. :cboy:
0 x
Registered Texas Longhorns
Medicine Hat Farm

cypressfarms
GURU
GURU

Postby cypressfarms » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:34 am

warpaint wrote:Welcome Rough! I'm doing a construction job just south of you in Donaldsonville. :cboy:

Donaldsonville!

Warpaint your only about a 45 minute drive from my house! You want a BBQ steak dinner on me?
0 x
waiting for something really important to say

warpaint
GURU
GURU

Postby warpaint » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:38 am

Cypress,
Just say when and where, I'm there. :P
0 x
Registered Texas Longhorns

Medicine Hat Farm

Crowderfarms
Wagon Master
Wagon Master

Postby Crowderfarms » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:54 pm

Welcome aboard Lee, You're bound to learn a bunch here.
0 x
Hoss, Please stay!

Susie David
GURU
GURU

Postby Susie David » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:04 pm

Welcome Lee...been years since I've been to La, used to go to New Orleans on business.
Dave Mc
0 x
Susie David's Cattle Company LLC
"From Pasture to Plate 100% Natural Beef"

Return to “Hi! I'm new here.”