kinda of new

Let us know who you are.
Beefy
GURU
GURU

Postby Beefy » Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:56 am

what breed is he out of curiosity.
0 x
So this doe walks out of a forest...sez "I'm NEVER doing that for fifty bucks again!"

austinssteer
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby austinssteer » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:01 am

Beefy wrote:what breed is he out of curiosity.

He is a four month old charolais.
0 x
Sandy

Beefy
GURU
GURU

Postby Beefy » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:04 am

oh wow, four months old. i was thinking more like 2 months. he'll be a big ol' boy.
0 x
So this doe walks out of a forest...sez "I'm NEVER doing that for fifty bucks again!"

austinssteer
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby austinssteer » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:10 am

He wanted a baby cow that he could bottle feed but we was scared that one that young would not make it by himself in the cold weather. We plan on getting more in a few months that we can bottle feed and raise and get more involved in the cattle business.
0 x
Sandy

Beefy
GURU
GURU

Postby Beefy » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:13 am

thats a good idea. he will be happier in a herd. what is his name?
0 x

msscamp
wannabe
wannabe

Postby msscamp » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:13 am

Beefy wrote:
msscamp wrote:
Beefy wrote:am i assuming (from your screenname) correctly that you actually got him a steer calf?

Ummmmm, maybe I'm missing something here, but is that not what a calf who was banded at birth would be called?

Maybe I'M missing something since i can't find that tidbit of information anywhere in the post-
maybe if i read it again for the 5th time...

No, you're not missing anything. I'm assuming, since it was indentified as a steer, that the bull calf was banded at birth or shortly thereafter. Sorry. :oops:
0 x

la4angus
GURU
GURU

Postby la4angus » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:14 am

austinssteer wrote: We plan on getting more in a few months that we can bottle feed and raise and get more involved in the cattle business.
Start with just one or two. Your loss won't be as great when they start getting sick and dieing.
0 x
Hoff First Edition 058 242

Beefy
GURU
GURU

Postby Beefy » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:16 am

the reason i asked if it was a steer was because of the screenname. by reading the initial post i was ASSuming that "baby cow" meant a bottlefed heifer less than a few weeks old. then i saw the name and i was like i wonder if its actually a steer.
0 x

austinssteer
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby austinssteer » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:18 am

His name is Bullseye. My son named him before he was banded. I thought about changing his name to Steereye, but my son would not understand. He knows that is not a bull, but a steer. He just dont know why he is a steer, he has never asked.
0 x
Sandy

Beefy
GURU
GURU

Postby Beefy » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:22 am

no way! how lucky you are to have not gotten to the "WHY?" stage yet. its coming...
0 x

Return to “Hi! I'm new here.”