How to use the Boards...

Let us know who you are.

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:26 pm

Frankie wrote:www.ranchers.net Bull Session still uses the old style software. At least for now. But they're not nearly as nice as the posters on this board. :lol: (Just kidding, honest) And http://www.cattlepages.com still uses the old style. But they're very, very slow these days. The more I use this board, the better I like it. I guess you can't please everyone. Good luck...

I will take this Board Format over these other two any day of the week.
0 x

MR3
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby MR3 » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:02 am

Just trying to figure out how to inset a quote in it's own little box and how to do it multiple times to keep each post separate. Plus how do you do just part of a post like a paragragh you want to quote? I read the FAQ board still know help. Everyone is doing it , so it must be staring me in the face. Thanks for any help!

Rod
0 x

Frankie
GURU
GURU

Postby Frankie » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:56 am

MR3 wrote:Just trying to figure out how to inset a quote in it's own little box and how to do it multiple times to keep each post separate. Plus how do you do just part of a post like a paragragh you want to quote? I read the FAQ board still know help. Everyone is doing it , so it must be staring me in the face. Thanks for any help!

Rod

Try clicking on the QUOTE button in the upper right hand corner of this message and type a response after the "quote" in brackets. Then click on PREVIEW at the bottom of the message and see if that answers your question.
0 x

MR3
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby MR3 » Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:39 am

[quote="Frankie"][quote="MR3"]Just trying to figure out how to inset a quote in it's own little box and how to do it multiple times to keep each post separate. Plus how do you do just part of a post like a paragragh you want to quote? I read the FAQ board still know help. Everyone is doing it , so it must be staring me in the face. Thanks for any help!

Rod[/quote]

Try clicking on the QUOTE button in the upper right hand corner of this message and type a response after the "quote" in brackets. Then click on PREVIEW at the bottom of the message and see if that answers your question.[/quote]

Frankie, thanks for the response. I have tried this, but it wont put the quote in its own layer or insert box like it just did for you. It must be something real simple like what you just said. It just wont work for me.

Rod
0 x

M Gravlee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby M Gravlee » Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:19 pm

Rod,

To quote a whole message just click on the quote button in the message you want to quote like I did in your message shown below.

MR3 wrote:Just trying to figure out how to inset a quote in it's own little box and how to do it multiple times to keep each post separate. Plus how do you do just part of a post like a paragragh you want to quote? I read the FAQ board still know help. Everyone is doing it , so it must be staring me in the face. Thanks for any help!

Rod

If you just want to quote a part of a message, highlight the part you want to quote by holding down your left button on your mouse and dragging it over the text then copy it by clicking the right button on it. Open your reply and click the yellow quote button in your new reply, paste the text you copied by placing the cusor behind the quote symbol, click your right button and select paste. Then click the yellow quote button to "close the quote". Like this"
I have tried this, but it wont put the quote in its own layer or insert box like it just did for you. It must be something real simple like what you just said. It just wont work for me.

You can place your cusor to type your message above the quote or below it.
0 x

MR3
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby MR3 » Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:10 pm

M Gravlee, Thanks for your help. I think I am doing everyting as you stated. It does quote the message as you can see. It wont put the quote in the box as it does for you and others. Could I have something disabled in the settings?

Rod

[quote="M Gravlee"]Rod,

To quote a whole message just click on the quote button in the message you want to quote like I did in your message shown below.

[quote="MR3"]Just trying to figure out how to inset a quote in it's own little box and how to do it multiple times to keep each post separate. Plus how do you do just part of a post like a paragragh you want to quote? I read the FAQ board still know help. Everyone is doing it , so it must be staring me in the face. Thanks for any help!

Rod[/quote]

If you just want to quote a part of a message, highlight the part you want to quote by holding down your left button on your mouse and dragging it over the text then copy it by clicking the right button on it. Open your reply and click the yellow quote button in your new reply, paste the text you copied by placing the cusor behind the quote symbol, click your right button and select paste. Then click the yellow quote button to "close the quote". Like this"
[quote]I have tried this, but it wont put the quote in its own layer or insert box like it just did for you. It must be something real simple like what you just said. It just wont work for me. [/quote]

You can place your cusor to type your message above the quote or below it.[/quote][quote][/quote]
0 x

MR3
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby MR3 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:58 am

[quote]If you just want to quote a part of a message, highlight the part you want to quote by holding down your left button on your mouse and dragging it over the text then copy it by clicking the right button on it. Open your reply and click the yellow quote button in your new reply, paste the text you copied by placing the cusor behind the quote symbol, click your right button and select paste. Then click the yellow quote button to "close the quote". Like this[/quote]

I followed these instructions. The cut and copy works just fine, except it won't frame its self in like a quote. The best I got was the word quote at the start and quote at the end each time I pushed the yellow quote button >Rod
0 x

M Gravlee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby M Gravlee » Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:52 am

:idea: It finally occured to me... You are putting a check in the "Disable BBCode in this post" box when you post. The quote feature is BBCode. Go back and edit your post and uncheck it and it'll work.
0 x

la4angus
GURU
GURU

Postby la4angus » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:53 am

Just trying to figure out how to inset a quote in it's own little box and how to do it multiple times to keep each post separate. Plus how do you do just part of a post like a paragragh you want to quote? I read the FAQ board still know help. Everyone is doing it , so it must be staring me in the face. Thanks for any help! Rod

I jiust followed instructions; quoting the paragraph telling how to do this and got the question quoted instead. I think i followed instructions. I will try again but I did it twice and same thing both times.
This could be some of the problem.
[/quote]
0 x

MR3
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby MR3 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:14 pm

M gravlee, Thanks! :D It was staring me in the face all along. I don't know who checked that box. Although, due to the metal stress that this has caused me I have decided to take tommorrow off and drift the river. A little Steel Head fishing is in order." ;-)

M Gravlee wrote::idea: It finally occured to me... You are putting a check in the "Disable BBCode in this post" box when you post. The quote feature is BBCode. Go back and edit your post and uncheck it and it'll work.
0 x

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:52 pm

That should prove frustrating. When we lived in WA we gave up on steelhead and resorted to searun cuts. Never got skunked that way.

dun

MR3 wrote:M gravlee, Thanks! :D It was staring me in the face all along. I don't know who checked that box. Although, due to the metal stress that this has caused me I have decided to take tommorrow off and drift the river. A little Steel Head fishing is in order." ;-)

M Gravlee wrote::idea: It finally occured to me... You are putting a check in the "Disable BBCode in this post" box when you post. The quote feature is BBCode. Go back and edit your post and uncheck it and it'll work.
0 x

MR3
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby MR3 » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:33 pm

I guess you don't have to catch a fish to have a memorable experience. We broke an oar, hit a rock and when we hit the rock both our tackle boxes flew off the bow and over board. We did land one 5 1/2 lb.er and had one on. True, we could have saved a couple hundred bucks at the super market, but we had fun and the fish taste excellent.

Rod

That should prove frustrating. When we lived in WA we gave up on steelhead and resorted to searun cuts. Never got skunked that way.

dun
0 x

Fleckvieh DPB
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Fleckvieh DPB » Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:49 pm

Question!!

What do those 5 stars mean under the names of members (and above the picture)???????
0 x

Beefy
GURU
GURU

Postby Beefy » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:03 pm

they fill up gradually as you post and then one day you get to be a guru like dun.
0 x

9 ER
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby 9 ER » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:20 pm

Beefy wrote:they fill up gradually as you post and then one day you get to be a guru like dun.

Just practicing the quote option
0 x

Return to “Hi! I'm new here.”