Central Arkansas

Let us know who you are.
lcompton
Beginner
Beginner

Central Arkansas

Postby lcompton » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:52 pm

Hi everyone ! I'm also new here..
I had a question and I have looked everywhere and can't find a forward answer. so I thought I'd ask ya'll. Hopefully you won't mind.. I have around 2500 ft of steel pipe fence ( 2 3/8 in drill stem and 3/4 in sucker rod ) we have sanded and used a rust converter OSPHO on it and started using Valspar Oil base Red Oxide primer for metal my question is do I have to paint over this or can I just leave it as the primer?? since I want it to be Red and its Red. Cause I don't want to spend all year prime and painting it. I'd like to just do it once. thanks
0 x

Arkansas
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Central Arkansas

Postby Arkansas » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:54 pm

Hello, also from Arkansas myself.. Welcome to the forums. As far as your question I would think that would be more of a preference than a must.. A big factor to consider would be how weather resistant is the primer ? If its good then I would say primer alone would do but if not then I would coat with a good weather resistant paint on next coat. Out of curiosity did you use a sprayer or sponge or brush etc. when painting ?
0 x
Sorry about my grammar/punctuation, I'm from Arkansas! "Whats your excuse" :) 2B1ASK1

lcompton
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Central Arkansas

Postby lcompton » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:29 am

Arkansas, i used Valspar Oil Base Metal Primer ,Heavy Duty Red Oxide Primer. its for Tractors & Implements, trailers and farm equipment. and I used a sponge
0 x

Return to “Hi! I'm new here.”