trying to find the best suited Squeeze Chute? Suggestions?

Let us know who you are.
jef123
Beginner
Beginner

trying to find the best suited Squeeze Chute? Suggestions?

Postby jef123 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:30 pm

I've come on here for some help... I have a large budget, Whats the most recommended squeeze chute in the US? I manage quite a large farm so I want the chute to be easy to operate and safe, we have lots of children around. Any Ideas Anyone? :?:
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Re: trying to find the best suited Squeeze Chute? Suggestions?

Postby TN Cattle Man » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:48 pm

First off... :welcome: to the Boards! Squeeze Chutes recommendations are kinda like asking someone what brand of truck to purchase... you will get a lot of answers!! As for me and my operation, we use the Sioux Steel equipment. We have used many others in the past to include Preifert and Pearson, but we opted for something a lot better built that would last a very long time.
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:57 pm

http://alsilencer.com

Pretty much the best chute money can buy. IMO
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

mooo
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby mooo » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:47 pm

:wave: :welcome: wher ya from ? your area will make some diffrience there are more manufactures than you count on two hands as true grit said silencer is kinda top dog bluegrass stock yards have used them for many years formost is another top dog in my area there are a few that are getting there name around more an more you should look at at least 6 diffrent chutes before you buy if you have a good sized budget.but there are a lot of cheaper ones that have had several hundrend head worked through them around . but if your budget has room only look for ones that squeeze from both sides these give better controll i have cowco 895 myself i like it over formost and it was just a little cheaper a little !
:pop:
its tn said it just like asking someone what type truck they like or cows for that matter.
:pop:
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:01 pm

Hard to beat Sioux Steel products.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

Ford_0004
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Ford_0004 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:50 pm

Hi I'm new but I've been looking for one myself. From what I've found out that no one as asked is- what kind of cattle are going to use in it ?
0 x

Ford_0004
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Ford_0004 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:50 pm

What kind of cattle do you have?
0 x

jef123
Beginner
Beginner

Postby jef123 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:31 pm

Hi, thank you for your welcomes! :) And suggestions- We specialize in Angus cattle breeds. I've been looking around for a while. I found a Chute called the Q-Catch8500. I've heard of the company before Arrowquip- but apparently, they are bringing out a new chute that has everything to make things easier. Did anyone hear of them before? Wondering if I should wait till it comes out.
0 x

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:20 pm

Welcome both of you to the board!

There are a number of threads on which is the "best" chute; do a search & you'll spend quality reading time. If you want more responses please be more specific: Location. Needs vs. wants. Permanent structure vs. portable. Do you want a palp cage, auto head gate, scale?

We have primarily Angus, Angus/Hereford & some Angus/Sim - some of our girls clock in at over 2000 lbs. The chute at the barn is a Priefert S04 and we also have a Titan Combo AI chute with 24' corral.
https://www.priefert.com/products/squee ... -model-s04
http://titanwestinc.com/products/wchute.html

Good luck!
0 x

jef123
Beginner
Beginner

Postby jef123 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:56 pm

Thanks, TCRanch- Do you use a neck extender? I've been looking at getting the Arrowquip Headholder? Just wondering your thoughts on those.
0 x

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:10 pm

jef123 wrote:Thanks, TCRanch- Do you use a neck extender? I've been looking at getting the Arrowquip Headholder? Just wondering your thoughts on those.

Never have. We use a halter (or brute force) when we're giving magnets & a nose ring on a rope if we need to check their mouth - or take them to the vet. We're fortunate we have 2 vets in practice together only 20 minutes away. I pick my battles :)
0 x

Return to “Hi! I'm new here.”