Montana Burning Up

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.

Oldtimer
GURU
GURU

Re: Montana Burning Up

Postby Oldtimer » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:45 pm

Starting to get a hold on the huge fire- but have several more burning thruout the state- and growing.. And they are predicting thunderstorms for tomorrow- which so far this summer has only brought us lightning ..

Lodgepole Complex fires now at 62% contained, size of blazes holding steady
Posted: Jul 26, 2017 6:08 PM MDT
Updated: Jul 26, 2017 6:20 PM MDT
By Dustin Klemann - MTN News

SAND SPRINGS -
Firefighters earned a large jump in containment of the Lodgepole Complex fires in Garfield and Petroleum Counties on Wednesday.
Fire officials confirm the fires are now 62 percent with 270,200 acres burned. The distance around the fire perimeter is 196 miles.
The number of personnel was decreased to 598.
"Work continues to patrol and mop up containment lines and hold and secure any active fire lines especially during the expected gusty winds over the next two days," stated fire officials on the incident website. "Operations personnel also continue to cooperate with local property owners on containment and rehab of fire line actions."
A designated number of fire engines have been assigned to respond for Initial Attack to any new fire starts within the vicinity of the fire in support of or at the request of the local fire department/agency.
Thursday poses another threat to fire containment as weather conditions include gusty winds and low humidity levels with a chance of thunderstorms.
Critical fire weather conditions are possible again on Friday as gusty winds combine with low humidity levels along with the potential for thunderstorms. Hot and dry conditions will continue through the weekend into early next week.
http://www.ktvq.com/story/35980763/lodg ... ing-steady

0 x
Lazy Bar B Angus on Facebook

NonTypicalCPA
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby NonTypicalCPA » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:17 pm

Wow, didn't even know this and I'm on the news sites regularly. If they would only do their jobs instead of trying to oust Trump it would be much better.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:16 pm

NonTypicalCPA wrote:Wow, didn't even know this and I'm on the news sites regularly. If they would only do their jobs instead of trying to oust Trump it would be much better.

You got to give Trump just a little bit of credit. He craps in his own nest more than most. I hope he is a fast learner.
0 x

elkwc
Rancher
Rancher

Postby elkwc » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:52 pm

NonTypicalCPA wrote:Wow, didn't even know this and I'm on the news sites regularly. If they would only do their jobs instead of trying to oust Trump it would be much better.

+1 But then that is their agenda 24-7
0 x

gizmom
GURU
GURU

Postby gizmom » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:20 pm

The boss and I have been in the Missoula area since the 27th, It is dry and hot. They have three different fires burning here and the ranger we spoke to said none were as bad as they had in other parts of the state. The smoke is just hanging over the entire area. We drove back roads today and the cattle are seeking any shade they can find. I don't imagine the cattle in this part of the world are accustomed to this kind of heat, or at least I don't think they are. The pastureland is just burnt up, I sure hope they get a break in the heat and get some rain soon.

Gizmom
0 x
Respect give it to get it!

Return to “Breeds Board”