Angus in Texas

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Re: Angus in Texas

Postby Brute 23 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:26 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Rafter S wrote:The Ultrablacks are just Brangus crossed back with Angus, so the result is 3/16 Brahman influence and 13/16 Angus.

That's a cross even I could learn to love.

I said that on page 4 TT? :???: Posted a pic of one and every thing.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:04 pm

Brute 23 wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Rafter S wrote:The Ultrablacks are just Brangus crossed back with Angus, so the result is 3/16 Brahman influence and 13/16 Angus.

That's a cross even I could learn to love.

I said that on page 4 TT? :???: Posted a pic of one and every thing.

I'm a slow learner.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:06 pm

Brute 23 wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:
You didn't answer the question.

I think in the next 5-10 years you are going to see a huge shift in the opinions of people on Brahman cattle. The associations are spending a lot of money to prove they will grade and adapt the breed if necessary.

I don't care what the breed is... if you line up continental cattle... the black cattle will not tolerate the heat like the reds, and the reds will not take the heat like the whites. That's first hand also.

I'm trying to head completely away from black cattle unless they are terminal. If I decide to put an Angus bull across our Brahman cattle it will be a red angus.

Which question? No, i don't and won't put a floppy eared bull over our cows. The hit at the sale barn would be disastrous and my market for Bulls and replacement heifers would be ruined as well.

I'm glad they work for you though.

So, again, some thing you have never tried. I have put an Angus bull over Brangus cows, then kept the heifers for cows, and bred them back to an Angus bull again. I could line the calves up at any Angus sale and no one would know.

Here is a 3/16 Brahman heifer... Brangus mom... Angus dad. I bred her to a Hereford Bull and she has a nice black mot at her side right now.

By cracky there it is! Good plan.
0 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:57 pm

Yearling ultrablack bull.

0 x
IF IT AIN'T TIGHT IT AIN'T RIGHT...

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

BC
GURU
GURU

Postby BC » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:26 am

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Brahman has its place it the grand scheme of things just not in my area. No such thing as "Certified Bramhan" is there? Reason for that.

I won't argue there is a huge difference in heat tolerance between heat tolerance between Brahman and British breeds just as there is a huge difference in cold tolerance between the two.

If you're claiming red Angus or Hereford handle heat better than the number one breed in the USofA, BA, I respectfully disagree.

I think in the next 5-10 years you are going to see a huge shift in the opinions of people on Brahman cattle. The associations are spending a lot of money to prove they will grade and adapt the breed if necessary.

I don't care what the breed is... if you line up continental cattle... the black cattle will not tolerate the heat like the reds, and the reds will not take the heat like the whites. That's first hand also.

I'm trying to head completely away from black cattle unless they are terminal. If I decide to put an Angus bull across our Brahman cattle it will be a red angus.

Which question? No, i don't and won't put a floppy eared bull over our cows. The hit at the sale barn would be disastrous and my market for Bulls and replacement heifers would be ruined as well.

TT, are you looking at the price per lb or the total dollars. I heard two order buyers talking the week before after the sale about using Brahman and Brahman influenced bulls on their personal cows. Said they had more total lbs to sell. A 500 lb steer @ $1.45 = $725 a head, a 550 lb crossbred @ $1.35 = $742.50 was the example used. Besides, in our country those good Brahman influenced heifers will bring steer price or more as replacements.
0 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:48 am

Hold up BC, you cant expect these Angus guys to do all that math to actually calculate profit. That's not how the Angus Mafia teaches them to do it.
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:57 pm

Brute 23 wrote:Hold up BC, you cant expect these Angus guys to do all that math to actually calculate profit. That's not how the Angus Mafia teaches them to do it.

Cute.

I sell a fair number of bulls and heifers each year and none of the at the auction barn. Being purebred matters.
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:59 pm

BC wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:

TT, are you looking at the price per lb or the total dollars. I heard two order buyers talking the week before after the sale about using Brahman and Brahman influenced bulls on their personal cows. Said they had more total lbs to sell. A 500 lb steer @ $1.45 = $725 a head, a 550 lb crossbred @ $1.35 = $742.50 was the example used. Besides, in our country those good Brahman influenced heifers will bring steer price or more as replacements.

In that market it makes perfect sense. I'm not in that market.
0 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:23 pm

Why are you even in this conversation then TT? You do realize this doesn't apply to you then?
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:23 pm

Brute 23 wrote:Why are you even in this conversation then TT? You do realize this doesn't apply to you then?

I'll post whenever and wherever I so desire.

If that bothers you I guess it's too bad "then".
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:25 pm

callmefence wrote:Yearling ultrablack bull.

They look good Fence, just about got all the ugly knocked off of them.
0 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:00 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:Why are you even in this conversation then TT? You do realize this doesn't apply to you then?

You do understand we are not suggesting to people who run a purebred operation and sell private treaty that they need Brahman blood in their cattle right?
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:03 pm

Brute 23 wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:

You do understand we are not suggesting to people who run a purebred operation and sell private treaty that they need Brahman blood in their cattle right?

No he is AM
0 x
Grandpa always said never trust a banker,lawyer,preacher or guvmit man. They will steal from widows and orphans.

skeeter swatter
Rancher
Rancher

Postby skeeter swatter » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:45 pm

Always amazes me to watch online auctions and see all the Angus cows in Tx and OK.
To me you first hafta have cows that fit your environment, THEN make your calves fit the market.
Pretty easy to turn your calves black.
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:31 am

Brute 23 wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:

No shyt Sherlock.
0 x

Return to “Breeds Board”