Mineral analysis part two.

Cattle problems.
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Mineral analysis part two.

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:21 am

A picture is worth a thousand words. Thanks for the patience TB. The over consumption and salt part isn't ideal..or is it?
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Mineral analysis part two.

Postby TexasBred » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:36 am

True Grit Farms wrote:Image

A picture is worth a thousand words. Thanks for the patience TB. The over consumption and salt part isn't ideal..or is it?

Dang you make it hard for an old man to read that fine print. lolol........nothing wrong with it at all. Compares closely to what I use as far as the guarantees. It contains your typical oxides and sulfates but also has some organic minerals in the form of "proteinates" which is good. Also has several strains of yeast in it which probably are not included in a sufficient amount to be "great" but certainly doesn't hurt to have them in the mix. If it's not grossly overpriced I see no reason to change.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:04 am

I'll see if I can help ya out...this should be clearer anyway if you click on it...dunno about how it will look on a phone.

0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

pdfangus
GURU
GURU

Postby pdfangus » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:29 pm

oK WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A CHELATE AND A PROTEINATE ?
0 x
Strength is of no value if it does not have a
useful application for good.
Jim Tate
pdfangus@gmail.com

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:29 pm

pdfangus wrote:oK WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A CHELATE AND A PROTEINATE ?

A proteinate is actually one type of chelate. There are three types of chelates commonly used in the feed industry. Listed here in decending order of their effectivness in the diet:

Amino acid 'chelates’ typically use synthetic amino acids to deliver a chelated trace element (like zinc).

Proteinated chelates commonly are made using natural proteins to deliver chelated trace elements.

Polysaccharide chelates are natural carbohydrates bound to a trace element to deliver the chelated trace element.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:47 pm

TexasBred wrote:

A proteinate is actually one type of chelate. There are three types of chelates commonly used in the feed industry. Listed here in decending order of their effectivness in the diet:

Amino acid 'chelates’ typically use synthetic amino acids to deliver a chelated trace element (like zinc).

Proteinated chelates commonly are made using natural proteins to deliver chelated trace elements.

Polysaccharide chelates are natural carbohydrates bound to a trace element to deliver the chelated trace element.

Do you Google that stuff or carry it around in your head?
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:05 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
TexasBred wrote:

Don't you start no shyt won't be no shyt . and you can put that in your signature line.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

pdfangus
GURU
GURU

Postby pdfangus » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:00 am

Thanks TB.....it has been a while since I reviewed any of that stuff.

as you list the three chelates it seems to me that the order of effectiveness is probably related to their stability.??
0 x
Strength is of no value if it does not have a
useful application for good.
Jim Tate
pdfangus@gmail.com

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:24 am

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
TexasBred wrote:

Well I've actually learned it over many years but sometimes it's more easily understood if I simply look up the most simple explanation. If I said it, it would fill up a half page and we would all still be confused.
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:59 am

TexasBred wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
TexasBred wrote:A proteinate is actually one type of chelate. There are three types of chelates commonly used in the feed industry. Listed here in decending order of their effectivness in the diet:

Well I've actually learned it over many years but sometimes it's more easily understood if I simply look up the most simple explanation. If I said it, it would fill up a half page and we would all still be confused.

You are a walking Encyclopedia. The youngsters here will have to go look that up.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:35 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:

You are a walking Encyclopedia. The youngsters here will have to go look that up.

TB, even puts it out there where everyone should be able to understand what he says. Looking up those big fancy words some folks use is a waste of time.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:09 pm

"Looking up those big fancy words some folks use is a waste of time."

Heck, I thought chelated was a big fancy word the first time I saw TB use it......
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:33 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
TexasBred wrote:Well I've actually learned it over many years but sometimes it's more easily understood if I simply look up the most simple explanation. If I said it, it would fill up a half page and we would all still be confused.

TB, even puts it out there where everyone should be able to understand what he says. Looking up those big fancy words some folks use is a waste of time.

TGF, I R Simple" so simple words come much easier. Usually no more than two syllables if possible.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:59 pm

pdfangus wrote:Thanks TB.....it has been a while since I reviewed any of that stuff.

as you list the three chelates it seems to me that the order of effectiveness is probably related to their stability.??

True or the compounds they attach to can affect how well they are absorbed and how available they are for use in the body.
0 x

Return to “Health & Nutrition”