Hoover Dam Heifer

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.

elkwc
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Hoover Dam Heifer

Postby elkwc » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:48 am

Steve it matters. Here without papers it would be less. With papers up to $1,750 is she is short bred.
0 x

dt34715
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby dt34715 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:49 am

She is in my commercial heard.
I only have a few registered, and trying to slowly build it up.
0 x

Phil A.
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Phil A. » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:21 pm

I know it is an old sale block comment but I really think it applies to Hoover Dam Heifer Calves.

Keep everyone of them as a replacement. We have quite a few of these cows now. I like the nice square udders, Moderate in their make up. I think the number on thing Hoover Dam ladies are going to be know for to me is simply how calm these ladies are. As others have said may not be the fanciest show females but you can use them as sound females to breed allot of different ways.

Phil A.

I will take that heifer if you do not want her in your herd.
0 x

elkwc
Rancher
Rancher

Postby elkwc » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:19 pm

I think he has been used on sone light made females to raise heifer bulls and he is knocked for some of the resulting progeny. I put the blame on the females he was mated with. When mated to good cows he sires nice functional cattle with muscle that will feed and grade well. We will start calving some heifers in a month bred to his son. A nice bull. Not a big bull but will be at least a frame 5. I know the half sisters to the bull I kept are nice. This calf has never been haltered but he is docile.
0 x

Return to “Breeds Board”