Cattle prices this coming year.

Discuss upcoming sales and sale results.
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Cattle prices this coming year.

Postby True Grit Farms » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:17 pm

Where do you think the price of cattle are going? Between the fires and flooding I would think that cattle prices should be going up.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Re: Cattle prices this coming year.

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:21 pm

Will move modestly Up.
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:25 pm

I honestly don't see any real higher prices that will become the standard. May see prices spike during peak times but I feel our avg now will be standard.
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:30 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:Where do you think the price of cattle are going? Between the fires and flooding I would think that cattle prices should be going up.

I look for there to be a big liquidation of good long eared cattle in the very near future. With entire ranches fenceless and a big chunk of corn and a enormous chunk of cotton gone.
Along with almost all Hay in the coastal plains.
I think there will be a drop in prices immediately followed by a trend up just like a drought.
I plan to attend some sales and buy some cattle. I think everyone should do the same if they can. I do intend to get some deals. But I also intend to keep anyone from stealing these folks cattle. To the extent that my little self can. Maybe others will do the same.
0 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:33 pm

callmefence wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:Where do you think the price of cattle are going? Between the fires and flooding I would think that cattle prices should be going up.

I look for there to be a big liquidation of good long eared cattle in the very near future. With entire ranches fenceless and a big chunk of corn and a enormous chunk of cotton gone.
I think there will be a drop in prices immediately followed by a trend up just like a drought.
I plan to attend some sales and buy some cattle. I think everyone should do the same if they can. I do intend to get some deals. But I also intend to keep anyone from stealing these folks cattle. To the extent that my little self can. Maybe others will do the same.

You make a great point. In the immediate future, the market may have to absorb a lot of supply.
0 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:41 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
callmefence wrote:

You make a great point. In the immediate future, the market may have to absorb a lot of supply.

Raven the area flooded accounts for over 25 percent of Texas cattle. If just the flood zone was counted as a state it would be in top 6 cattle producing States.
0 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:03 pm

Seen some longhorns today that had water all around them but they were in a high spot with some grass. They looked like they had seen a rough week.
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Some people know people, who know people, who aren't very nice people and you could get a visit from them someday. So be good people.

Return to “Cattle Sales”