wasps nest in mineral feeders

Cattle problems.
TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Re: wasps nest in mineral feeders

Postby TN Cattle Man » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:18 am

dun wrote:Since I don;t move very fast I prefer the 20 foot squirt wasp killers.

Glad I'm not the only one thinking this way... :lol:
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:14 pm

TN Cattle Man wrote:
dun wrote:Since I don;t move very fast I prefer the 20 foot squirt wasp killers.

Glad I'm not the only one thinking this way... :lol:

Since my hair is black, they love swarming my head and i'm a klutz too .. That's why I started using the soap and a big bucket, or the big size coffee can.. With the sprays, the wasp still fly...and if I can get one good splash on them, almost none fly so I don't have to run. The one we sprayed over the sawmill was a disaster. 75% of them flew off even though they got a direct hit. Then, they'd fly erratic at us. Although that one was too high for the soapy water, no way i'd chance it at a level I could just quickly splash them...
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

halfbean
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby halfbean » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:36 pm

We use a stainless fire extinguisher that you charge through valve stem like one that comes with a baler. Put dish soap in it and you can blast them from almost 30 feet and it drenches them.
0 x

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:18 pm

I love the cans of spray I buy it in bulk and am pretty good at hitting from a distance. I am semi allergic to Red Waspand the rest hurt. Lucky I don't have any in my feeders knock on wood I don't ever remember having them in feeders. Maybe all the black widows in my feeders keep them away. Every spring I get them in my barns where I park my tractors out by the shop and the porch. They also love my squeeze chute. I go around spraying when I see them and I don't mind using an entire can on one nest.
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

Return to “Health & Nutrition”