Owning a trailer

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
bird dog
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Owning a trailer

Postby bird dog » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:31 pm

Aluminum is the way to go if you stay on the highway, Lots of them tend to fall apart going across pastures or the ones that spend their life with heavy loads on gravel roads. My 20' aluminum circle W is beat all up and has had the welds repaired a few times but it a real joy to pull when you only have 1 or 2 animals.
0 x

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:25 pm

Not endorsing any brand but I have a 2001 Wilson aluminum that has had thousands of head in it and never a weld broken. Most of that is because it has rivets instead of welding.
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Some people know people, who know people, who aren't very nice people and you could get a visit from them someday. So be good people.

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:23 am

I have heard that rivets are far better than weld.. There's a reason aircraft are all riveted...
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:21 am

Brute 23 wrote:
callmefence wrote:We move cattle from one place to another several times a year. I just upgraded to a 24' because it was taking to many trips. Already thinking i Should have went 32. I've got a 16 instead of selling it I think I'm going keep it we can haul with 2 trucks.
With the exception of small utility trailers I won't even look at a bumper pull

The 24 gets small quick when hauling cows, especially if it's not a wide trailer.

This will be my next trailer... 28', 7'6", 7' tall. I want the extra height for my mule.

http://www.gooseneck.net/gooseneck-trai ... ilers.html

Very similar to the one we bought after our Titan was destroyed in the tornado but ours is a GR. Heavy duty!! http://www.grtrailers.com/index.php/tra ... 6824w14lnr
1 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:54 am

I may take a look at those. Thanks
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:26 am

I looked for 6+ months for a used gooseneck stock trailer before I found the deal I wanted. It's a old well used Circle W that needed a floor, brakes and a couple of welds, otherwise it was in great shape. I could of spent 3 times as much as I have in the used trailer for a new one, and ended up with less trailer very easily.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”