walk in cooler

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I want to build one does anyone have any pictures of the ones they built ? Is it worth building one vs buying one ? I only want one thats a 4'x4' as the only thing that may get hung in it are a couple of deer or couple hogs. I look forward to any suggestions pics or input.

We built one. Coolbot is the greatest. Found and extended post on an archery forum with lots of builds. Since there are no options close by for butchering our beef we did this instead. Part of the reason for raising a smaller breed so we can handle the carcass. So I let the beef hang for two weeks and then begin butchering. The coolbot keeps the temp just above freezing and the electric usage for the 3 weeks it runs doesn't show up much on my bill.

hdrockn":3e38ed22 said:
We built one. Coolbot is the greatest. Found and extended post on an archery forum with lots of builds. Since there are no options close by for butchering our beef we did this instead. Part of the reason for raising a smaller breed so we can handle the carcass. So I let the beef hang for two weeks and then begin butchering. The coolbot keeps the temp just above freezing and the electric usage for the 3 weeks it runs doesn't show up much on my bill.

Nice... How big is yours?

6x8.We used osb, 2x6 with batt insulation.....can't buy the thick foam here like we could in Idaho. Important to insulate the floor since you lose a lot of cold there. It sits in the corner of the barn. I'll get some pictures if you are interested.

hdrockn":3o31x5xf said:
6x8.We used osb, 2x6 with batt insulation.....can't buy the thick foam here like we could in Idaho. Important to insulate the floor since you lose a lot of cold there. It sits in the corner of the barn. I'll get some pictures if you are interested.

Yes please

Latest posts