Put In An Offer

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Dave
GURU
GURU

Re: Put In An Offer

Postby Dave » Mon May 14, 2018 6:39 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:
Dave wrote:The kid isn't a kid. The daughter and him have kids in high school. And the daughter and son in law had half interest in the ranch, they were co-owners. So half of the money ($5,000) held in escrow to insure that the horses are removed would be their money. So that part of the move is his business. The real estate agent represented both parties in this deal. And he is absolutely an up front honest man. He said that he is working with them to find a place. He is a good man for the job. The problem much of which is in my mind comes from comments she has made. The living in a camp trailer in the driveway simply isn't going to happen. The horses will be gone. If they need to leave a load or two until the next weekend, well there will be room in the barn. If they needed me to haul a load or two, I would help out where I can. But they accepted our offer back in early February. They have had plenty of time to come up with a plan. I guess that is what is getting to me. Talking to them they don't even have a plan.

I knew he was an adult. I had read the whole thread and for some reason it flew right over my head that he was involved with the sale. My point was that, had he not been involved in the sale, that it wasn't really his business. However, it is his business. They have had more than enough time to come up with a plan, sounds like they are delusional. This is one of those situations where it's "I'm glad I'm not in your shoes." This a raw deal. Sorry, man.

That is why I plan to talk to him. He is involved financially yet as a son in law and thus he is a step back. Also as the under sheriff he understands the legal end of things. I want to give them plenty of time to get it all together but not wait until the last minute. That is why I said June 10. The horses are supposed to be gone by June 15 (Friday). If they are still there June 18 (Monday), their $5,000 is mine. I don't want their money. They have 6 weeks today to be out. Maybe this concern is all in my mind. But with all the money I paid for that place I want to move in without any trouble.
0 x

WalnutCrest
GURU
GURU

Postby WalnutCrest » Mon May 14, 2018 10:31 pm

If they have that much stuff stool to move, I'd get further in front of a potential problem ...
0 x
Fullblood Aubrac & Mashona Cattle

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Mon May 14, 2018 11:18 pm

bird dog wrote:I can assure you, you are going to be in the trash hauling business. The ranch I bought was from a very wealthy family. Didn't matter, they all leave as much garbage as they think they can get away with. I hope I'm wrong, but bet that I am not.

Already looked into it and planning for it. The county dump is about 20 miles away. I have looked into getting a dump trailer from the rental place. I figure with a loader tractor and a dump trailer it wont take too long. The question left to be seen is can I do it in one day or will it take more.
0 x

WalnutCrest
GURU
GURU

Postby WalnutCrest » Tue May 15, 2018 6:45 am

Dave wrote:
bird dog wrote:I can assure you, you are going to be in the trash hauling business. The ranch I bought was from a very wealthy family. Didn't matter, they all leave as much garbage as they think they can get away with. I hope I'm wrong, but bet that I am not.

Already looked into it and planning for it. The county dump is about 20 miles away. I have looked into getting a dump trailer from the rental place. I figure with a loader tractor and a dump trailer it wont take too long. The question left to be seen is can I do it in one day or will it take more.

More.

Without going into the gory details, we moved or farm twice within six weeks this time last year.

It always takes more.

Time, money, effort, patience, etc...
0 x
Fullblood Aubrac & Mashona Cattle

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Wed May 23, 2018 11:54 pm

I was down to the ranch today. Happy to report that progress was being made. Garbage being hauled off. Things looking better. Less horses than before. They were meeting with the brand inspector today because more of them leaving. Their daughter and SIL closed on a place in town which is clearing out their big storage unit so Mom and Dad can put their stuff their. Things are looking up.

On the other hand I stopped at the DMV to find out what it is going to cost register our vehicles in Oregon. OUCH..... Oh well it is only money. I just wish I had more of it about now.
1 x

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Postby wbvs58 » Thu May 24, 2018 2:47 am

Good news Dave, hope it continues to progress.

Ken
0 x

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:20 am

Well the horses are all gone. I had to go down and sign a paper so the sellers could get their money from escrow. I thought I would be meeting the realtor to sign but he called shortly after I left home. He also has a ranch and had to spend the day riding in the mountains. He said that he would leave the paper with the sellers. I knew the sellers would be gone so we arranged for him to leave it in the shop for me to find. So about 3 hours later I was driving through La Grande (about 60-70 miles from Durkee) and he called me. He had left the paper but wanted to warn me about the dogs. Seems the sellers two dogs were biting his tires as he pulled in and as he left. He had to arm himself with a pitchfork to get into and out of the shop. I picked up an old 2x4 along the road. I pulled up right close to the shop door. One step from the car door to the shop door. I was glad I had the 2x4. Dogs bit my tires too. I was going to check out some other things while I was there but decided against it. I won't go back now until I begin moving in on the 25th. I hope they don't leave those dogs...... well maybe not. I know what would happen if they did leave them.
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:53 am

Getting closer and closer!! He coulda done you a big favor while he had the pitchfork out.........

One of my neighbors has a bunch of yard dogs like that..& they raise mortal cain every time you pull in their yard. I just keep honking the horn til someone comes out and corrals all those dogs. They do keep the cat population down over there tho...
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

Jeanne - Simme Valley
GURU
GURU

Postby Jeanne - Simme Valley » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:08 am

TEN MORE DAYS. How exciting!!!
0 x
Simme Valley of New York - http://www.SimmeValley.com
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:32 am

greybeard wrote:Getting closer and closer!! He coulda done you a big favor while he had the pitchfork out.........

One of my neighbors has a bunch of yard dogs like that..& they raise mortal cain every time you pull in their yard. I just keep honking the horn til someone comes out and corrals all those dogs. They do keep the cat population down over there tho...

As long as those dogs stay on their own property..here, we have free agents.apparently it belongs to the whole neighborhood...
0 x
a liberal is a man, that will give away everything he doesn't own..

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:10 am

greybeard wrote:Getting closer and closer!! He coulda done you a big favor while he had the pitchfork out.........

I poked around in the shop while I was in there. It was emptied out. Not cleaned up. Judging from the amount of mouse droppings they could have used a few less dogs and maybe a cat or two. There is a pretty fair snake population there. A few less mice and maybe there won't be as many snakes attracted.
0 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”