Individual Calf Record Keeping for Stockers

Backgrounding & feeding questions.
ashtonlogsdon
Beginner
Beginner

Individual Calf Record Keeping for Stockers

Postby ashtonlogsdon » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:49 pm

I have been searching through both paid and free software, as well as Excel spreadsheets to find one to keep records of individual calves instead of in groups. I am wanting to record purchase date, purchase price, beginning weight, vaccinations, ADG, sale date, sale price, sale weight etc. I have found some that do keep these records but also have an excessive amount of items that would not be utilized (birth date and weight etc.) I am about to go all out and design my own but did not want to reinvent the wheel if it was already out there.

Anybody have any suggestions? Or have a spreadsheet they would be willing to share?

Thanks in advance,

A.J.
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Individual Calf Record Keeping for Stockers

Postby A.J. » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:53 am

I like Cattlemax pretty well.

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:16 am

ashtonlogsdon wrote:I have been searching through both paid and free software, as well as Excel spreadsheets to find one to keep records of individual calves instead of in groups. I am wanting to record purchase date, purchase price, beginning weight, vaccinations, ADG, sale date, sale price, sale weight etc. I have found some that do keep these records but also have an excessive amount of items that would not be utilized (birth date and weight etc.) I am about to go all out and design my own but did not want to reinvent the wheel if it was already out there.

Anybody have any suggestions? Or have a spreadsheet they would be willing to share?

Thanks in advance,

Cattlemax, and I hear that calf book is good but I'm not gonna fix what ain't broke
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Tbrake
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Tbrake » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:59 pm

Does CattleMax have an app? I can’t seem to find it if so

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:06 am

Tbrake wrote:Does CattleMax have an app? I can’t seem to find it if so

its web based , You can access it from any device . You can also take any website you visit and make an icon for you home screen that looks like an app button .
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK