Replacement Tractor Seats?

Help Support CattleToday:

I needed a seat for an ol Massey 245 one day, walked into Tractor Supply and bought one. Most comfortable seat I've ever had on an open station tractor. There wasn't a name brand on it, and I've never found another one just like it. Must have been to comfortable for farmers.

Depends how much you want to spend. You can go from $40 up to $2000 and as price goes up comfort goes up.

If you have a lot of your on built in padding on the back side these will work for $40 and can stand rain......
s-l1600.jpg

El cheapo......$75
s-l1600.jpg

Riding in confort....$2000
s-l1600.jpg

I had the el chepo you show there on my 3020 it lasted about a year before needing to be re upholstered in duct tape.

j_20":231g20zo said:
I had the el chepo you show there on my 3020 it lasted about a year before needing to be re upholstered in duct tape.
I have the same one. With the same upholstery.

Even when new, the stitching issn't waterproof. So though the seat looks dry, when you sit on it the water comes out of the cushion through the seems and you get a wet azz.

jltrent":16vmqjpg said:
Depends how much you want to spend. You can go from $40 up to $2000 and as price goes up comfort goes up.

I don't think the cloth air ride seat is a good fit for an old open station tractor.

Stocker Steve":1cg4p19b said:
jltrent":1cg4p19b said:

I don't think the cloth air ride seat is a good fit for an old open station tractor.

What about the pan seat? Can you handle it?

jltrent":8p9chd0l said:
Stocker Steve":8p9chd0l said:
jltrent":8p9chd0l said:

What about the pan seat?

What more could a farmer want it even has drain holes.

Stocker Steve":3vy3nwdr said:
Amy recommendations on a rain proof aftermarket open station tractor seat?

Google 'Big Boy tractor seat'. Northern tool carries them. Much heavier duty and padded than the standard replacement pictured above. Worth the extra money.

jltrent":2c3zti4t said:

If you have a lot of your on built in padding on the back side these will work for $40 and can stand rain......
s-l1600.jpg
I have one on brother's 8n and put one on my 3600. It's better than sitting on a 2x6 but tends to leave rust stains on your back side. (just don't plop down on one when it's 105F and bright sunshine)

I'm an El Cheapo owner also. It's a replacement that's been on a couple of years now and still giving me good service. I just wished it came with a seat belt.

I need a really small el cheapo for my backhoe. Any thing bigger hits the steering wheel when I pivot around to use the rear hydraulics.
Thinking about adapting a riding mower seat..

I just bought 2 suspension seats with back and quasi arm rests from TSC. Perfect fit for my 2000 and 3000 Fords. Had blue to match my colors. 100 bucks and ride smooth. Same seat is on the internet for 90 plus shipping. The seat is vinyl, adjustable tension, drains for rain runoff and foam padded. I have an OEM Branson air suspension seat in my 6530c and it's cloth. As others have stated, made for a cab, not open station but is very comfortable and smooth.

Texasmark":4vhm017j said:
I just bought 2 suspension seats with back and quasi arm rests from TSC. Perfect fit for my 2000 and 3000 Fords. Had blue to match my colors. 100 bucks and ride smooth. Same seat is on the internet for 90 plus shipping

Seat brand is ?

Don't know. Comes in a black box with gold writing and some far out logo painted on the side. On the end (as I recall) are 3 letters, like the initials of the company.. T and Z are 2 of them as I recall. It's the only "universal" tractor seat that TSC sells with the twin spring + shock absorber with a high travel distance, like 5+ inches, 2 inch thick foam seat with place for water to run off, variable tensioner, and two slots for mounting to Ford studs and the back tilt angle is adjustable. It's not the fold down back universal seat shown, nor the universal compact seat with just a straight back...no protrusions that you can turn around half way and rest your arm on. The blue book shows the brand Concentric but my store stocked a different brand....looks including the design stamped in the vinly cover are identical however.

TSC probably put out a spec and had different companies bid on it. They probably took the low bidder, or it may be a different supplier for different areas.

My blue book shows blue as TSC p/n 1238169. It show

Latest posts