How does Germany do it?

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Re: How does Germany do it?

Postby greybeard » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:10 pm

Don't be fooled tho, EU was formed cheifly to compete with US industry and trade and they would economically cripple us if given 1/2 a chance. The only thing that has changed since the 2 world wars is the weapon of choice...they still very much yearn for global dominance.

(Should have given the whole of Germany to Joseph Stalin at the end of ww2 and left it with them)
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:37 pm

One big differentiator is their education system, oh, and their public service system, and their vo-tech system, and their apprenticeship programming, and how many engineers they graduate and how hard they work when they are at work.

Other than that, they are just like us.
Last edited by HDRider on Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

Stocker Steve
GURU
GURU

Postby Stocker Steve » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:12 pm

Ya, but we have more lawyers!!!
2 x
Stocker Steve

shaz
GURU
GURU

Postby shaz » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:44 pm

Stocker Steve wrote:Ya, but we have more lawyers!!!

We have more be nice salesmen!!@
0 x
"The Pope? How many divisions does he have?" Joseph Stalin

shaz
GURU
GURU

Postby shaz » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:46 pm

HDRider wrote:One big differentiator is their education system, oh, and and their public service system, and their vo-tech system, and their apprenticeship programming, and how many engineers they graduate and how hard they work when they are at work.

How do you know this? I can speak for Japan, they put in a lot of hours but their output is not good at all.
0 x
"The Pope? How many divisions does he have?" Joseph Stalin

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:47 pm

They've got resources. You ever seen the beer maids at Oktoberfest?
1 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Postby hurleyjd » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:06 pm

Bayer bought Monsanto how do you think that will figure in trade. I think that Germany has a plan to produce all power with renewable s in the very short future.
0 x

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:34 pm

greybeard wrote:(Should have given the whole of Germany to Joseph Stalin at the end of ww2 and left it with them)

Worst idea ever!
1 x

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:30 pm

shaz wrote:
HDRider wrote:One big differentiator is their education system, oh, and and their public service system, and their vo-tech system, and their apprenticeship programming, and how many engineers they graduate and how hard they work when they are at work.

How do you know this? I can speak for Japan, they put in a lot of hours but their output is not good at all.

I worked there.

Germans don't work a lot of hours. They just work during work hours.
0 x
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:40 pm

Son of Butch wrote:
greybeard wrote:(Should have given the whole of Germany to Joseph Stalin at the end of ww2 and left it with them)

Worst idea ever!

A people that stood by and allowed the murder that they did, and brought to power a govt that cost 12 million plus deaths deserve a lot worse than being rebuilt and admired by future generations.
Joe Stalin would have known what to do with that populace.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

Covet Not!

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:47 pm

greybeard wrote:
Son of Butch wrote:

Worst idea ever!

A people that stood by and allowed the murder that they did, and brought to power a govt that cost 12 million plus deaths deserve a lot worse than being rebuilt and admired by future generations.
Joe Stalin would have known what to do with that populace.

Do you hold the same view of those in America during our formative years and the Indians? 12 million or so killed over a few hundred years to make room for the new folks coming over.
5 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:58 pm

Yes I do! There should have been some responsibility taken for the atrocities done in that era and punishment meted out.

Wage world war twice in the same 1/2 century? Genocide should have been rewarded with genocide.
0 x

Covet Not!

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:26 pm

greybeard wrote:Yes I do! There should have been some responsibility taken for the atrocities done in that era and punishment meted out.

Wage world war twice in the same 1/2 century? Genocide should have been rewarded with genocide.

That vicious circle, I think is why we see never ending warring in the Middle East.

Matthew Chapter 5

38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
0 x

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:03 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
Nesikep wrote:While VW might not be the a shining example, quality and industriousness would be the leading factors.. This is where the US has failed, allowing all the companies to "mine" their brand names while building stuff offshore, allowing "Made in USA with domestic and foreign components", etc.. Everytime I find something decent and affordable that's made in the US, I better stock up on it because the next time I go to the store it'll look identical but be made in China, and unless you're reading the label every darned time, you're going to get burnt

Cummins is a good example.. On the diesel forums everyone said "ONLY GET CUMMINS HEAD GASKETS"... Well, the first one failed and took the engine out with it in 1000 miles, I build a new engine with another new Cummins gasket.. That one has started weeping after only 40,000 miles.. They're made in China! And shameless as they are, they aren't marking the price down. Going to try a Felpro this time (AKA "Fail-Pro" on the forums) for less than half the price

I'd be looking into getting the head and block machined back to factory tolerances or better myself.

That was done on the rebuild,... rebored, decked, and new head, ARP studs too
0 x
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:08 pm

Farm Fence Solutions wrote:Knipex mini bolt cutters give Germany a distinct advantage over the rest of the world.

Knipex makes awesome stuff.. gives you an advantage anywhere. I picked up some 6" slipjoint pliers and an Oetiker clamp plier at a pawn shop, $15 for the pair.. I'm not sure if I said Thank you loud enough
2 x
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

Return to “Coffee Shop”