Satellite internet

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Re: Satellite internet

Postby Bestoutwest » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:14 am

We have SpeedyQuick. It works well for us. My wife works from home and it's fine for that. Streams Netflix well. My only gripe is that there service is, as with everyone else, outsourced so if you have a problem they'll get back to you "within 24 hours." Other than that, they're fine.
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:23 am

Bestoutwest wrote:We have SpeedyQuick. It works well for us. My wife works from home and it's fine for that. Streams Netflix well. My only gripe is that there service is, as with everyone else, outsourced so if you have a problem they'll get back to you "within 24 hours." Other than that, they're fine.

press 1 for English then you can't understand anything said
0 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:55 pm

backhoeboogie wrote:Beam me up Scotty.

CB we have tried all of the above. There have been issues with all. A tornado took out a tower and everything around is slower than Christmas. We can stream Netflix in the bedroom but not in the living room. We've spent money on boosters through out the house and wifi just doesn't work well

We put a metal roof on and the company we are with now won't put a dish on a metal roof (so the tech says) and I got a pole in the yard I don't like.

Oscar the Grouch would take second place if we started talking satellite internet.

Tech got mad with me bc I wouldn’t let him mount the dish on my roof (shingles). I made him put it on a pole in the yard. So he charged me $50 extra :bang:
0 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:05 pm

JMJ Farms wrote:Tech got mad with me bc I wouldn’t let him mount the dish on my roof (shingles). I made him put it on a pole in the yard. So he charged me $50 extra :bang:

Yeah, I'm with you there. Wouldn't let mine screw it onto the shingle roof either or the facia board.. Had him screw it onto the side of the chimney. No extra charge for that. Dad gum a pole sitting out in the yard to run into with the lawn mower.
0 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:19 pm

ga.prime wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:Tech got mad with me bc I wouldn’t let him mount the dish on my roof (shingles). I made him put it on a pole in the yard. So he charged me $50 extra :bang:

Yeah, I'm with you there. Wouldn't let mine screw it onto the shingle roof either or the facia board.. Had him screw it onto the side of the chimney. No extra charge for that. Dad gum a pole sitting out in the yard to run into with the lawn mower.

Yeah it’s a little aggravating but thankfully I gave up grass cutting for now. I ran my old John Deere till the deck literally couldn’t be patched anymore. I had washers shimming the pulleys up on some corners just to keep the belts from jumping off. It had numerous holes that had been welded up and was missing the hood and none of the tires would stay pumped up. Also was on its second engine. No telling how much money that old mower made me but I finally got the goodie out of it. So when it quit it was either buy a new one $1500-$10000 (+) maintenance, gas, blades, time, etc. or pay my brother $50 every two weeks. It was a no brainer for me.
0 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:23 pm

I won’t let them drill holes in this steel house either.
I had it wired for everything when I built it.
0 x

1982vett
GURU
GURU

Postby 1982vett » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:24 pm

Yeah, makes no sense the satellite companies won’t use a tower or attach to a metal building but the radio wireless companies come out ready to climb.
0 x
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. ~Albert Einstein
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day. ~Harry S. Truman

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:27 pm

JMJ, good choice regarding lawn maintenance assignments. :lol2:
0 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

melking
GURU
GURU

Postby melking » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:54 pm

We have Excede from Wildblue and though it is expensive it is pretty reliable. We do lose it in heavy rains but we have gotten used to it. We watch Netflix and Youtube,
0 x
One thing you will never hear a southern boy say....Duct tape won't fix that, except, even duct tape can't fix stupid. It can, however, muffle it.

BK9954
GURU
GURU

Postby BK9954 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:41 pm

I have excede, cost $10 to watch a movie, I buy a gigabyte at a time to do that. The best deal is to get them with the lowest plan you can get, but with the Liberty pass so it's unlimited but super slow after you use your data. SATELLITE INTERNET IS EXPENSIVE. You can use all of your data in a week watching videos. I use mine for just surfing the web and face the reality that you can download movies with WIFI in the city and take it back home.
0 x
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it" Winston Churchill

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”