What feed ingredient looks like goat pills?

Help Support CattleToday:

shaz

Reaction score
Got 4 tons of feed delivered yesterday. Supposed to be 50 DDG, 30% soy hull, 20% corn with Bovatec added.

The soy hulls are in a regular pellet and the corn is cracked but the DDG or what I think should be the DDG looks like goat be nice. Same size and color too.

Is this DDG?

shaz":10efb2ez said:
Got 4 tons of feed delivered yesterday. Supposed to be 50 DDG, 30% soy hull, 20% corn with Bovatec added.

The soy hulls are in a regular pellet and the corn is cracked but the DDG or what I think should be the DDG looks like goat be nice. Same size and color too.

Is this DDG?

The feed we are using now has DDG in it but it is evidently not in pellet form, however the corn gluten pellets that our feed contains are much larger in diameter than the in soy hull pellets and are dark brown in color.

shaz":240wcycj said:

Is this DDG?
DDG is hard to pelletize due to the high fat content. If it's not pelleted you should have some meal in the mix that will be gold in color or sometimes light yellow. That might be your DDG...or they may have run it through an extruder and it comes out looking like dog food nuggets. If not that then those black things probably are rat turds. What did it taste like Shaz?? :hide:

If they are making goat pellet size be nice I don't want to meet those rats in the dark or daylight

TexasBred":2awdk80p said:
shaz":2awdk80p said:

Is this DDG?
DDG is hard to pelletize due to the high fat content. If it's not pelleted you should have some meal in the mix that will be gold in color or sometimes light yellow. That might be your DDG...or they may have run it through an extruder and it comes out looking like dog food nuggets. If not that then those black things probably are rat turds. What did it taste like Shaz?? :hide:

Fed some to my grandson and he said it tasted like goat turds.
It's to big for rat crap. I'm taking a sample to the extension agent Monday. He will try to ID it.

shaz":1w39ualv said:
TexasBred":1w39ualv said:
shaz":1w39ualv said:

Is this DDG?

Fed some to my grandson and he said it tasted like goat turds.
It's to big for rat crap. I'm taking a sample to the extension agent Monday. He will try to ID it.
Sounds good...hope you get it figured out.

greybeard":rnq3gum9 said:
Chicken feces is said to smell like chocolate after it has cured......

Maybe there's some other process involved because the chicken crap in my pens don't smell like chocolate at all.

slick4591":25yf5p1k said:
greybeard":25yf5p1k said:

Maybe there's some other process involved because the chicken crap in my pens don't smell like chocolate at all.
Probably need to get those chickens checked Slick. Something ain't right.

TexasBred":f2q9y702 said:
slick4591":f2q9y702 said:
greybeard":f2q9y702 said:

Guess so. Think I need to add some cocoa bean meal or something?

slick4591":1osxuswn said:
TexasBred":1osxuswn said:
slick4591":1osxuswn said:

Guess so. Think I need to add some cocoa bean meal or something?
Can't hurt anything. But if your eggs start tasting like a Hershey bar put them back on the goat pills. :lol2:

Latest posts