Not twins , just babysitting

Got a calving or breeding question? Get an answer.
snoopdog
Rancher
Rancher

Not twins , just babysitting

Postby snoopdog » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:54 pm

3 x
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Not twins , just babysitting

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:01 pm

snoopdog wrote:Image

Great picture!
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:20 pm

They could pass as twins though.. I got a picture this year of a cow with her twins nursing and a milk thief on top of it.
0 x
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

snoopdog
Rancher
Rancher

Postby snoopdog » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:16 am

Time has been at a premium the last few days , I try and check the girls daily when they are close to calving . I missed a day. I knew I was gonna have at least one new baby , she was about to have it the other day . So I head over yesterday morning while the dew was still on, and have 3! One was my gaunt cow, who is on the cull list for being a little high headed , not crazy but spookish. She didn't show a sign of being close , and I really figured she would be late , another good reason for her to be bologna , but the girl delivered again and she puts everything into her calf. The other was my braunviegh cow, who I thought would be about a week out, I really hope its a heifer.
0 x

MRRherefords
Rancher
Rancher

Postby MRRherefords » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:55 am

snoopdog wrote:Time has been at a premium the last few days , I try and check the girls daily when they are close to calving . I missed a day. I knew I was gonna have at least one new baby , she was about to have it the other day . So I head over yesterday morning while the dew was still on, and have 3! One was my gaunt cow, who is on the cull list for being a little high headed , not crazy but spookish. She didn't show a sign of being close , and I really figured she would be late , another good reason for her to be bologna , but the girl delivered again and she puts everything into her calf. The other was my braunviegh cow, who I thought would be about a week out, I really hope its a heifer.

Was it a heifer?
0 x

snoopdog
Rancher
Rancher

Postby snoopdog » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:35 pm

MRRherefords wrote:
snoopdog wrote:Time has been at a premium the last few days , I try and check the girls daily when they are close to calving . I missed a day. I knew I was gonna have at least one new baby , she was about to have it the other day . So I head over yesterday morning while the dew was still on, and have 3! One was my gaunt cow, who is on the cull list for being a little high headed , not crazy but spookish. She didn't show a sign of being close , and I really figured she would be late , another good reason for her to be bologna , but the girl delivered again and she puts everything into her calf. The other was my braunviegh cow, who I thought would be about a week out, I really hope its a heifer.

Was it a heifer?
No , it's a bull
0 x

Return to “Breeding / Calving Issues”