Concrete fence posts

Help Support CattleToday:

CattleMan1920

Reaction score
I found these a while back and wanted to use them. Unfortunately, they are only in Australia. When I spoke with the company, they said, they really couldn't get them to me, so I dropped the idea, but I keep on wanting to revisit this product.

[image]352[/image]

What I like about these, are that they are VERY durable, and if I can get the corners really solid, I can crank down tight on the barbed wire, and then adjust if it has slack. I also like that they can be set in concrete, and no chance of rot. I've seen this type of set up in photos from Argentinian operations, and I really like the idea of going THROUGH the post instead of outside the post. I could do this with a wood post and just drill holes, but I don't want a post that will rot. I'm looking to do this once and probably never think about it again in my lifetime.

One of my relatives, who was an inventive type, built a form and poured concrete posts. Those posts were put in probably around 1900 and they are still standing to this day on one section of place. They are in perfect condition. Time has not affected them at all.

I'm not interested in making these myself, but if someone could get me a prototype that is high quality, I may consider an order.

Or if any of our Australian friends on CT know the people that manufacture these and can convince them to do business in the United States, I would definitely be a customer.

I have been thinking on a similar track. 4 in cardboard forms from the big box store. Make holes for sucker rod. Then reinforce with rebar pour the concrete. Should make a good working pen and alley way anyhow.

What would you want for size? Hole spacing? What would you pay? How many would you want?

Had a friend who had forms and made them. Lightning would explode them and blow them out of the ground. He sold the forms for some reason!

There was a huge pile of used concrete RR ties along the tracks in the Columbia Gorge. I thought they would make forever fence posts but I don't know how to attach the wire and dang they would be heavy to move around. There is a RR supply yard between here and town. I see they have a couple dozen new concrete ties there so the RR is still using them in some circumstances.

One of the fruit growers here has set up hail/bird netting for his apricots and cherries. He imported concrete posts from italy and an attachment that goes on an excavator that lifts them and hammers them into the ground. He has done about 40 acres now and there is a lot of poles there. Don't think he has had any problems and the first ones went in about five years ago. He is putting in around another 20 acres now.

************* said:
cowrancher75 said:
timeless fence has a similar post expect its pvc

https://timelessfencesystem.com/

Those are really nice!

They make those about 15 miles from me. I haven't had the chance to use them yet, but a guy I know really likes them. I still wonder about durability when driving them in though.

sstterry said:
************* said:
cowrancher75 said:
timeless fence has a similar post expect its pvc

https://timelessfencesystem.com/

Those are really nice!

They make those about 15 miles from me. I haven't had the chance to use them yet, but a guy I know really likes them. I still wonder about durability when driving them in though.

i'm pretty sure if they won't pound in you use a drill with a bit on it and they'll go right in.

I had a friend who made his after WWII.

when I was last on his place in the mid nineties they were all still in place.

The whole farm has been developed now after he passed away....so I expect the posts are on the scrap heap of life somewhere.

cowrancher75 said:
sstterry said:
************* said:
Those are really nice!

i'm pretty sure if they won't pound in you use a drill with a bit on it and they'll go right in.
Pound in fine but not in dry soil.

Now that I have seen the FFS video, I see the error of my ways. I bow down to the abilities that these guys have, and any ideas of fencing I might have had are out the door. I'm calling them when it's time to fence and getting it done right from the get go.

Latest posts