Breaking Donkey's

The place to start if you are new!
gizmom
GURU
GURU

Re: Breaking Donkey's

Post by gizmom » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:57 am

Our son Jacob purchased a breaking donkey a year or so ago she is awesome. He has a video on our Gizmo Angus Facebook page of her breaking a calf that is over 800 pounds. The video is first day hooked up the calf was a handful but Lacy just does her job and after a few days of being worked Jacob will start leading them around. If they give him any problem he will put them back on Lacy for a little longer. I was skeptical at first but have to admit it works great.

I don’t know why the video won’t play but you can go to the Facebook page to see a couple minutes worth of it. The calf was not happy!

Gizmom

Respect give it to get it!

Redgully
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Redgully » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:24 am

Plays for me, tough little bugger that donk.

ccr
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Post by ccr » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:28 pm

gizmom wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:57 am
Our son Jacob purchased a breaking donkey a year or so ago she is awesome. He has a video on our Gizmo Angus Facebook page of her breaking a calf that is over 800 pounds. The video is first day hooked up the calf was a handful but Lacy just does her job and after a few days of being worked Jacob will start leading them around. If they give him any problem he will put them back on Lacy for a little longer. I was skeptical at first but have to admit it works great.
I don’t know why the video won’t play but you can go to the Facebook page to see a couple minutes worth of it. The calf was not happy!

Gizmom
couldn't see it here, went to your facebook site and seen it (very cool), then spent the next 45 minutes looking at all the neat pictures on your page.

didn't think you would mind if i posted this one of lacy
i know as much about this as anything else i don't know much about
happiness is healthy cattle

gizmom
GURU
GURU

Post by gizmom » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:10 pm

ccr

Not at all, Lacy is a sweet girl our granddaughter loves her and I think Lacy loves her! All Ella has to do is holler and here she comes. When you hook her up to work she is all business.

Gizmom

gizmom
GURU
GURU

Post by gizmom » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:24 pm

I think I figured something out the video works on my computer but not my ipad. The heifer was a twin that mamma wouldn't take last year, she turned out pretty dang good for a twin.

gizmom

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Bigfoot » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:14 am

gizmom wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:57 am

Gizmom
Just a suggestion........A neoprene saddle girth is great for around the donkeys neck. You can kae a lead rope with a heavy brass snap on both ends. The end towards the donkey. just snap both ends of the girth together by the D rings. never comes off, and does a great job of spreading the pressure on the donkeys neck. Also, designed not to gauld the skin.
Your not a small business owner. Your a stay at home mom trapped in a pyramid scheme.

gizmom
GURU
GURU

Post by gizmom » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:37 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, I will pass it on to Jacob. I don't do anything with Lacy except feed her potato chips (her favorite) My days of breaking calves is long past.

gizmom

ccr
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Post by ccr » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:48 pm

looks like they are also pretty good at guarding.
i know as much about this as anything else i don't know much about
happiness is healthy cattle