Viruses....

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
greggy
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Viruses....

Post by greggy » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:16 pm

What should be kept in mind, is the reported cases will not reflect the actual numbers....

We have people who are positive and have zero, nil, nada symptoms at all for weeks, but still positive, they were found from contact tracing, and unlike what Trump says, it is well know US is behind on testing, so are we for that matter.

greggy
Rancher
Rancher

Post by greggy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:09 am

Sorry guys.

Trump has a bit of a problem, damage control prior to the real disaster too come perhaps ?

How, at this time, he claims to have done more testing than anyone, any country......lol....

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Post by greybeard » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:37 am

Caustic Burno wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:45 am
greybeard wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:38 am
I've had my life on the line lots of times and am not one bit afraid of getting sick or dying now, but I don't have the right or inclination to risk getting and transmitting it to someone else and it's most certainly not worth making someone else sick for the purpose of keeping my or anyone else's financial house intact or just to ensure my grandkids get an inheritance.
Again you’re blinded it’s not about leaving money!
It’s about preserving the country we leave them and not destroying it because of a bunch of scared old people.
We’re all brave when we’re young and dumb, lot a difference in an old man that the grim reaper looks in your bedroom window every night.
Mighty brave and noble of you to volunteer to sacrifice and put into harm's way all the millions of people that are NOT like us, living out in the country, rarely going into town or being close to others every day. Asking those to take one for the team may be the bravest thing I've ever seen anyone ask of anyone else....quite the sacrifice you're making there CB. We, were already in more isolation than the vast majority of this country's population even before Covid-19 came about.
But you are right. For most people it is not about money. It's about people's lives, and in your (and my and most folks in farming) case, it's predominantly OTHER people's lives.

The nation will get thru this, just as it did the civil war, WW1 and 2, the depression, the 2008 financial downturn and it won't take generations for it to do so either.
Still, I applaud you for your great sacrifice in volunteering all those workers in corporate and small business America to put THEIR health at risk.
(My portfolio is in the crapper just like everyone else's but my money isn't worth the life of a single other person, and I'll be danged if I am going to advocate or even suggest they all go back to work to protect my financial legacy)
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Post by callmefence » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:45 am

General attitude about it around here.

Support your local hardworking white boy.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

greggy
Rancher
Rancher

Post by greggy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:18 pm

Whats the general attitude now US has passed China & among those who do not think people are cattle ? 😀

China is going back to business it seems, but they had strict lockdown and tracing.

The US numbers do not look good, if you look at the deaths in some states in 24hr is same as NY. So the numbers being low in some states do not add up to me.

I think it is far worse there, and here, some not obeying isolation here either.

Without being strict, there is little chance of getting back to normal in a short period.

Your not going to get the masses too accept just soldiering on and ignoring deaths, straight up, those thinking that can forget it, it wont happen it seems.

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Post by callmefence » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:53 pm

greggy wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:18 pm
Whats the general attitude now US has passed China & among those who do not think people are cattle ? 😀

China is going back to business it seems, but they had strict lockdown and tracing.

The US numbers do not look good, if you look at the deaths in some states in 24hr is same as NY. So the numbers being low in some states do not add up to me.

I think it is far worse there, and here, some not obeying isolation here either.

Without being strict, there is little chance of getting back to normal in a short period.

Your not going to get the masses too accept just soldiering on and ignoring deaths, straight up, those thinking that can forget it, it wont happen it seems.
It already has gone from like 4 to 3 new cases in the central Texas area. A real barn burner...lol
I reckon it doesn't like the Texas heat to much....kinda like the flu....one thing is for sure, if it goes away the naysayers will say that the lockdown worked. If it kills half the pop. They will say Trump moved to slow. ..y'all take a deep breath, tell Canada to hold uncle Sam's beer, he's got this ....as always....

David Crockett

greggy
Rancher
Rancher

Post by greggy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:18 pm

Not according to the numbers, which in regard to infected will be way under quoted.

Your beating China, as of now yet with a smaller population and less action.

Get ready for a sharp rise each week & a possible disaster when hospitals over run.

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Post by callmefence » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:35 pm

greggy wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:18 pm
Not according to the numbers, which in regard to infected will be way under quoted.

Your beating China, as of now yet with a smaller population and less action.

Get ready for a sharp rise each week & a possible disaster when hospitals over run.
And your setting in Australia (which will be China soon enough) telling me what things are like here. .....and worrying about the English royal family....wtf is up with that?...

David Crockett

greggy
Rancher
Rancher

Post by greggy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:05 pm

Well, no, the info is not really for you.....nor am I trying to tell you, or, anyone, what is happening directly to them.

And we are similar, but there are differences in govt and all states, there and here.

I guess putting head in sand as far as it will go is a preference for some people, and, for yourself, you should be aware this is not a private exclusive message to you and, I could be totally wrong.

I can see yourself and some others may have your thinking set, mine changes with evidence, because I feel it is not a hoax and that certain institutions in your govt and mine are fairly reliable.

Untill either or both of our govts. can say we have tested everyone, it is not unreasonable to expect the confirmed cases to be low. The deaths however I would suggest are accurate.

This virus is not personal, so will try and avoid being dragged into that. It makes no diff to the numbers.

greggy
Rancher
Rancher

Post by greggy » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:46 am

Here is one too excite some across the pond.....

We do not maybe need to become China, the fed has called in armed forces to assist states with forced isolation for all people returning to Aus.....

States now putting in check points on borders....that came in prior to this...

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Post by Caustic Burno » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:23 am

greggy wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:46 am
Here is one too excite some across the pond.....

We do not maybe need to become China, the fed has called in armed forces to assist states with forced isolation for all people returning to Aus.....

States now putting in check points on borders....that came in prior to this...
State check points for returning Aussies sounds communist to me.
Money doesn’t buy happiness, but the lack does buy misery.

greggy
Rancher
Rancher

Post by greggy » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:01 am

State check points are internal, we are not free to move around, last month we could see family across the border, today we cannot.

Forced and policed isolation is in force if coming from OS.

I am all for freedom, but most will prob be happy to give this up for some time, some may want to grab thier AR.......oh, that is right, they took them and many other guns 20 years ago or so.....lol.....

greggy
Rancher
Rancher

Post by greggy » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:05 am

Prince Charlie and now Boris Johnson in UK test positive.

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Post by ALACOWMAN » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:13 am

Caustic Burno wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:27 pm
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:57 pm
I believe the good gentleman from down under is strictly speaking about the lack of proper social distancing he’s witnessing and not making a judgment about being at a grocery store.
Agreed but social distancing really doesn’t matter you have no idea who had what or coon fingered what in the store.
:lol2:
as an adult,it's clear to me now...why Ernest T Bass, threw rocks at people..

greggy
Rancher
Rancher

Post by greggy » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:19 am

UK Health Secretary Matt Hancock has also tested positive it seems.

Not very contagious ...... mmmm