ATV

Help Support CattleToday:

I think in Wyoming it is considered a motor vehicle and sales tax is due when title is transferred at county clerk's office. Now if the buggy will never leave the place and be run til it dies, who needs a title or to pay sales tax? However, with a loan on it, the bank is going to want to hold the title, so I predict you will have to pay sales tax.

I remember buying our ATV, a 90s Yamaha Big Bear, five years back. I thought it was such a luxury to spend 1700 when I could walk or use the pickup. It's been some of the best investments, we use it all of the time.

Side by sides are crazy expensive, but I've never owned one. One neighbor has a John Deere and he hates it, the other has a Kubota and she loves it so much the husband never drives it. So who knows I might appreciate one of I bought it. Certainly I wouldn't miss the getting wet in the tall grass.

Any thoughts on the Roxor?

roxor is too big and you have a stick shift.. .

can am defender is the SXS to get IMO. or a kawi mule. best bang for the buck. can get them nice for 11 - 15k all day.

I remember buying our ATV, a 90s Yamaha Big Bear, five years back. I thought it was such a luxury to spend 1700 when I could walk or use the pickup. It's been some of the best investments, we use it all of the time.

Side by sides are crazy expensive, but I've never owned one. One neighbor has a John Deere and he hates it, the other has a Kubota and she loves it so much the husband never drives it. So who knows I might appreciate one of I bought it. Certainly I wouldn't miss the getting wet in the tall grass.

Any thoughts on the Roxor?
That is why I bought a ATV, just didn't want to spend that much. I would have liked to have a side by side, it would make it easier for dad to go out with me. Maybe one day. There was a Polaris Ranger single cab with hard doors, and probably had heat and A/C that had the price in the window, and that was $32,000. That is a little rich for my blood.

That is why I bought a ATV, just didn't want to spend that much. I would have liked to have a side by side, it would make it easier for dad to go out with me. Maybe one day. There was a Polaris Ranger single cab with hard doors, and probably had heat and A/C that had the price in the window, and that was $32,000. That is a little rich for my blood.
There's a guy selling a 2023 CFMoto with a cab and 87 miles on it on it in Gunnison Utah for 10K.

There's a guy selling a 2023 CFMoto with a cab and 87 miles on it on it in Gunnison Utah for 10K.
I have seen a few of those listed, and from what I understand they are Chinese junk. There is a dealer in Lander that used to sell and service them, but he had problems getting parts. He will no longer work on them. There are stories on the net about some that blew the motor with very few hours.

I have seen a few of those listed, and from what I understand they are Chinese junk. There is a dealer in Lander that used to sell and service them, but he had problems getting parts. He will no longer work on them. There are stories on the net about some that blew the motor with very few hours.
Yeah, I think their reputation hurt them in the first years... and from what I hear they are much better now. But I don't know for certain... just what I've heard.

I don't think they are junk. I have recently bought a very basic Mule and retired my CFMoto, I think they are well built just a bit too complex for where I go with mine and I had problems with sticks and branches jumping up and tearing into it and I'm hoping the Mule will be a lot tougher in those conditions. I did get a lot of work out of the CFMoto though and it will still be OK after I do some much overdue maintenance work on it. I know @Silver rates his CFMoto highly.

Ken

I know @Silver rates his CFMoto highly.

Yes, I have about 12,000 km's on my UForce 1000. I have put zero dollars into it other than oil changes to this point. I do not treat it nicely either. My neighbours have Polaris Rangers and they have not stood up as well as mine has. I do know the clutch in mine is Canadian made (brand name escapes me, maybe CVTech). A solid, well built machine for sure.

Latest posts