Best Zero Turn mower out there?

Help Support CattleToday:

I had a ferris. Wore out when I bought it, I used it 4yrs. Traded it in. I found that Ferris, Snapper, and Simplicity are all owned by Briggs &Stratton so quality pretty good on all. Mine did come with a Kawasaki motor which I found ironic but was my preference.
Also Kawai makes 3 grades of motors FR is residential grade. FS is light commercial and FX is heavy duty commercial.
My Simplicity Citation came with 52inch deck and the FS motor. I've owned it 3yrs and had no trouble.
Also I advise buying Opti4 oil. The company itself doubles your engine warranty. Its pricey oil but cheap if you had issues. Besides I figure if a company will stand behind their oil, must be worth the $. And yes I've known a guy who used the warranty without trouble.

Fire Sweep Ranch said:
So if I am buying a used one, how do I know if it is commercial grade or not? I am assuming the ones that Lowes carry are not commercial grade?
High HP premium engine, heavy duty high discharge (path and clippings speed) deck, spindles, and thick blades. Premium, torsioned seat. Large fuel tank. I bought the Ferris because of the sprung suspension. Chose the BS Vanguard over the Kawasaki as I know BS; know nothing about K. Since I bought the 61" deck and can mow at high speed, fuel consumption is not a problem and doesn't warrant a diesel purchase.

Latest posts