Chains or straps

Help Support CattleToday:

jkwilson

Reaction score
What do you use for pulling, straps or chains?
We bought a pulling strap 3 or 4 years ago. Used it for the second time yesterday. First time was to pull a foot forward, and yesterday was a full pull. I really like it over chains. Stays on and spreads the pull out over its width. Cheap and light.

what do they look like?,are they called ob straps?. i use chains i like them better than rope.

jcarkie":1r3kspql said:
what do they look like?,are they called ob straps?. i use chains i like them better than rope.

Yep, OB straps. 1-1/2" wide nylon strap with D-rings on both ends with loops.

We own a pair of OB straps - hate them. With chains, you can put the handle anywhere on the chain - close or far - staps, you're stuck using the whole length because you can only put handles on the d-ring on the ends.
Also, they are harder to keep sterilized.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2uq4a08u said:
We own a pair of OB straps - hate them. With chains, you can put the handle anywhere on the chain - close or far - staps, you're stuck using the whole length because you can only put handles on the d-ring on the ends.
Also, they are harder to keep sterilized.

I just fold the strap in half and tuck it in the handles. I'd still use chains if I had to break out the puller though.

you can get those OB straps from Valley Vet or Nasco . They are only $4.20 . I am very pleased with the straps . get the 60 inch straps.

I have hex chains(OB chains) hanging inside the barn door...right where I put them just after buying them two years ago. I call them hex chains because they are warding off the need to use them. If I didn't have them, you know what would happen.

Latest posts