F350 farm truck with bale unroller....

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
D2Cat
Rancher
Rancher

F350 farm truck with bale unroller....

Postby D2Cat » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:49 am

Saw this on Cl. Not mine or associated with it.

https://seks.craigslist.org/grd/d/farm-truck/6493332768.html

Tried to post a picture, but I'm not talented enough!
0 x

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Re: F350 farm truck with bale unroller....

Postby jltrent » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:57 am

D2Cat wrote:Saw this on Cl. Not mine or associated with it.

https://seks.craigslist.org/grd/d/farm-truck/6493332768.html

Tried to post a picture, but I'm not talented enough!

373k with a gas burner it looks like....also the tire tread comes down on George's face it looks like ......

0 x

RanchMan90
GURU
GURU

Postby RanchMan90 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:34 pm

I like it.The bed costs more than that.
1 x
The secret to getting ahead is getting started ~ Mark Twain

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:40 pm

RanchMan90 wrote:I like it.The bed costs more than that.
no doubt...
0 x
that awkward moment,when the zombies are searching for brains.and pass you by..

JW IN VA
Rancher
Rancher

Postby JW IN VA » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:13 pm

I like that bumper except I would want a 2" hitch.
0 x
Not everything your neighbors do is wrong-Not everything they do is right,either.

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:05 am

I like the shed it is in.........
0 x

cfpinz
GURU
GURU

Postby cfpinz » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:23 am

That's pretty funny - I've got two trucks identical to that one, same color and all. Both 7.3 5 spd's, one has a Hydrabed and one DewEze. Absolute best trucks I've owned in my life.
0 x
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

cfpinz
GURU
GURU

Postby cfpinz » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:26 am

jltrent wrote:I like the shed it is in.........

Those trusses look like 8' on center???
0 x

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:55 am

cfpinz wrote:

The top rafter is probably a 2x12 with 2x6 lath going across. I have a garage 40'x30' with rafters on 8' I think, and the guy who built (he has built a lot) said they are strong (like in picture). It was built in 1999 and no sway yet. You order them in a kit and just put together. The place I got mine from was right next to Tri-city airport between Kingsport-Johnson City. You tell them what you want and they put it in the computer and it makes a kit for that size. They brought the whole building on a tractor trailer and the guy put it up in two days after getting the poles set the day before.

I like the truck and one of the best, but too many miles as everything is getting close to needing rebuilt/repaired.
0 x

cfpinz
GURU
GURU

Postby cfpinz » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:48 am

jltrent wrote:
cfpinz wrote:

The top rafter is probably a 2x12 with 2x6 lath going across. I have a garage 40'x30' with rafters on 8' I think, and the guy who built (he has built a lot) said they are strong (like in picture). It was built in 1999 and no sway yet. You order them in a kit and just put together. The place I got mine from was right next to Tri-city airport between Kingsport-Johnson City. You tell them what you want and they put it in the computer and it makes a kit for that size. They brought the whole building on a tractor trailer and the guy put it up in two days after getting the poles set the day before.

That's interesting, I've always laid purlins flat but those look vertical.

I like the truck and one of the best, but too many miles as everything is getting close to needing rebuilt/repaired.

Yup. Never seen a feed truck with that many miles with such straight sheet metal, though.
0 x

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:26 pm

cfpinz wrote:
jltrent wrote:
cfpinz wrote:

That's interesting, I've always laid purlins flat but those look vertical.

Yup. Never seen a feed truck with that many miles with such straight sheet metal, though.

It looks to have been taken good care of, shed kept and probably well maintained. With 15 trips around plant Earth it probably would go a few more trips with a little TLC.
0 x

Atimm693
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Atimm693 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:00 pm

jltrent wrote:
cfpinz wrote:

Gotta be careful with those feed trucks. Many get ran all day long and only have 20 miles put on them.

The last one we sold only had 240k on the odometer, but was it was more like 500k in actual wear.
0 x

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:31 pm

cfpinz wrote:

i just built one and put them 9' on center per specs.
0 x

pricefarm
GURU
GURU

Postby pricefarm » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:20 pm

jltrent wrote:
cfpinz wrote:

What is the name of the place near the airport that sales them?
0 x

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:50 pm

pricefarm wrote:
jltrent wrote:
cfpinz wrote:

What is the name of the place near the airport that sales them?

It has been a while, but if I remember correctly it is called: Southern Building Systems, Inc. Address: 2732 TN-75, Blountville, TN 37617
Phone: (423) 323-3208

I went there before the building was built and I can't remember if I bought it straight out by myself and/or I had to also give the contractor info and get it through his lic. You could call and see as it has been 19 years ago (as it may not be there now or doing a different business). It is right at were you turn up to the Tri-City airport gate if I remember correctly. Their metal is about as good as you can get as my building the metal after 19 years looks as it did day one.

This was the best picture I could find, and when I blowed it up not so good.
1 x

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”