Looking to buy a new truck

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
cfpinz
GURU
GURU

Re: Looking to buy a new truck

Postby cfpinz » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:23 am

littletom wrote:I got a heck of a deal when i sold that bed off that 06 for 1200 looks like. Guy I go to church with runs a big junk yard put it on some parts list. It was skined up pretty bad but not busted. Having both i perfer the longer c&c over the take off. Is it true a c&c is down tuned from factory? Had some people tell me that.

The Fords go from 935 ft/lbs down to 750 when you go to a cab/chassis currently. Reason being is that the EPA mandates that both trucks emit the same amount of emissions and they consider the c/c trucks more likely to have a bed with higher weight/wind resistance installed and therefore have to use less fuel to produce less emissions. I read that there's some slight mechanical differences in the Ford versions, around the turbo and such.

I bought a non c/c truck for the first time this go round, not because of the increased power but the bed I wanted installed would not fit on a c/c truck (60" cab to axle) - it needed a 56" c/a.
1 x
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Re: Looking to buy a new truck

Postby jltrent » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:26 am

cfpinz wrote:
littletom wrote:I got a heck of a deal when i sold that bed off that 06 for 1200 looks like. Guy I go to church with runs a big junk yard put it on some parts list. It was skined up pretty bad but not busted. Having both i perfer the longer c&c over the take off. Is it true a c&c is down tuned from factory? Had some people tell me that.

The Fords go from 935 ft/lbs down to 750 when you go to a cab/chassis currently. Reason being is that the EPA mandates that both trucks emit the same amount of emissions and they consider the c/c trucks more likely to have a bed with higher weight/wind resistance installed and therefore have to use less fuel to produce less emissions. I read that there's some slight mechanical differences in the Ford versions, around the turbo and such.

I bought a non c/c truck for the first time this go round, not because of the increased power but the bed I wanted installed would not fit on a c/c truck (60" cab to axle) - it needed a 56" c/a.

Interesting topic......a lot of good info.
0 x

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”