Cordless weedtrimmer and other tools

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
jltrent
GURU
GURU

Re: Cordless weedtrimmer and other tools

Post by jltrent » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:19 pm

That battery powered saws does look good, but I believe I could make it look bad cutting.

Atimm693
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Atimm693 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:18 pm

JMJ Farms wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:56 am
dvcochran wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:16 am
Atimm693 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:32 am

The Husky sure seems to be throwing a lot more dust around. I think the chain was a little dull.

Now way that thing would beat a properly tuned up and sharp 60cc gas saw.
Yea, that is the old "making the stats what you need them to be" game.
That may very well be the case. As far as I know the video is by an unbiased reviewer, not Milwaukee. But either way it’s pretty impressive for a battery powered saw if you ask me. And unless you use one weekly, it’s a very viable alternative for most consumers bc it cranks every time.
That's fair. I was not trying to detract from the Milwaukee, it is very impressive. I just thought the comparison was a little far fetched.

The only truly unbiased channel that I know of is AvE. Most of the others are sponsored (even if they are not getting paid for the review, if they did not purchase the item, it is technically sponsorship.)

hdrockn
Cowhand
Cowhand

Post by hdrockn » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:36 am

I am hooked on these power tools. My husband is a plumber and started with the little makita drills.
Thru the years his collection upgraded to the Milwaukee 18v tools he has today. I tried the Greenworks 40v pole saw and then started my collection of yard tools. I have the 12" and 2 16" chainsaws, string trimmer, hedge trimmer and lawnmower. The only one I wouldn't re buy is the 12" saw....just too slow rpms.
So last week dh asked me to order the Milwaukee 16" saw for him. It seems to be a nice saw, heavier than my greenworks. We will never replace the stihl gas saws but for keeping in the back of the Ranger for trail maintence they are wonderful.

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Post by Rafter S » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:39 am

A few months ago I bought a Craftsman pole saw at Lowe's. The battery lasts longer than I do. My son bought a Craftsman battery powered string trimmer for his yard, and he likes it. It came with a smaller battery than the pole saw, but the larger battery works in it also.
Life is too short to drink cheap beer or dance with ugly women.

cfpinz
GURU
GURU

Post by cfpinz » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:04 am

jltrent wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:18 pm
I have one of these battery powered torque wrenches and it either removes the lug nut or will twist the whole lug off. Pretty much makes obsolete carry around the air line.

1400 lbs. torque.........very impressive.

https://www.toolbarn.com/milwaukee-2767-21b.html/

My wife got me one of these for my birthday back in June. To date, I've changed over 40 tires with it (most 8 lug) and used it to put a clutch in a tractor last week, including taking the loader brackets off. The amazing part is I've yet to have to recharge the battery, other than the initial charge after buying it. I wouldn't believe that if I didn't see it myself.
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Silver
GURU
GURU

Post by Silver » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:52 am

jltrent wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:18 pm
I have one of these battery powered torque wrenches and it either removes the lug nut or will twist the whole lug off. Pretty much makes obsolete carry around the air line.

1400 lbs. torque.........very impressive.

https://www.toolbarn.com/milwaukee-2767-21b.html/
I have it in 3/4" and it's the best tool on the place.

ChrisB
GURU
GURU

Post by ChrisB » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:25 pm

I have a 40V Greenworks trimmer and an 80V Greenworks pole saw. Very happy with both of them. I only use the trimmer for 1/2 hour every 3 weeks or and the pole saw maybe once or twice a year. Much nicer than gas powered that may or may not start depending on how long it has sat. That said I still use a gas trimmer if I will be trimming around fences or something. Very happy with battery life on both of them.

A couple weeks ago I was cleaning up limbs after a storm around the fences with Husky chainsaw, it was running great but shut it off to move some limbs. Picked it up and it wouldn't start again. That doesn't happen with battery powered. Looking at battery powered saws now. Though if I was spending a day doing a lot of cutting I would still prefer gas.

For the tools, I would go Milwaukee.

DCB4
Cowhand
Cowhand

Post by DCB4 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:22 pm

I’ve always been a dewalt fan. All my power tools are 20v dewalt. I recently bought a 60v weed eater and 20v chainsaw with a 12 inch bar. I’ve been extremely happy with both. The weed eater has surprised me with what it will knock down. I bought the saw mainly to use around the house as I had a bunch of limbs to trim back from the roof. It was worth every penny I paid just for that project alone. While out checking fences one day I had good sized tree that had blown over onto the fence. Happened to have the little dewalt saw in the truck. Was blown away with how a battery powered saw cut that tree up. Very impressed with both tools. The best part about them is not having to pull start them and no running noise

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Post by TCRanch » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:40 am

Bringing this back up. My dad just bought a Ryobi 40 volt chainsaw and he loves it. He's also 89 so it's light enough for him to handle but packs a punch.

timwil94
Beginner
Beginner

Post by timwil94 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:00 am

I bought a cordless leaf blower this fall. Tired of running around with a rake. I chose the WORX Lithium Cordless Air Blower and Sweeper Combo, but here https://homemakerguide.com/best-cordless-leaf-blower/ there are different options to choose from. I am throwing off the link just in case, it may be useful to someone. Still, leaves will soon begin to fall off in large quantities.

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:02 am

timwil94 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:00 am
I bought a cordless leaf blower this fall. Tired of running around with a rake. I chose the WORX Lithium Cordless Air Blower and Sweeper Combo, but here https://homemakerguide.com/best-cordless-leaf-blower/ there are different options to choose from. I am throwing off the link just in case, it may be useful to someone. Still, leaves will soon begin to fall off in large quantities.
Thanks Tim and :welcome: to Cattle Today.
Making Cattle Today Great Again!
Sometimes you do have to throw out the babies with the bath water.