Loader Pallet Forks

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Re: Loader Pallet Forks

Postby hurleyjd » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:04 am

I have used the hay forks on my loaders and lifted any thing that was on a pallet. My spears are welded on the under side of the frame that attaches the forks to the loader. One is quick attach and one is pins. I have two loader tractors that I use.
0 x

jkwilson
GURU
GURU

Postby jkwilson » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:12 am

Convert to SSQA. You'll thank yourself over and over.

I used to hate swapping from hay spear to bucket and back every time I needed the bucket. Having forks is much nicer when it isn't a chore to put them on the tractor. We were fixing a culvert at the neighbors last fall and I switched from bucket to forks and back twice in less than an hour. With a pin on loader it would have take me that long just to do the switch much less actually doing any work between switches.
1 x

Silver
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Silver » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:05 pm

We've got now that we use the pallet forks for bale handling and leave the spears alone. Seems like we break a few spears every winter, pallet forks are pretty tough.
0 x

ERNIBIGB
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby ERNIBIGB » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:47 am

0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:26 am

Silver wrote:We've got now that we use the pallet forks for bale handling and leave the spears alone. Seems like we break a few spears every winter, pallet forks are pretty tough.

I'll give you a hundred bucks if you break a spear made like This.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:27 am

0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:28 am

Silver wrote:We've got now that we use the pallet forks for bale handling and leave the spears alone. Seems like we break a few spears every winter, pallet forks are pretty tough.

One of the many problems that have to be dealt with in the Arctic......-40 makes for some brittle steel. :nod:
1 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

Silver
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Silver » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:22 pm

M-5 wrote:

I'll give you a hundred bucks if you break a spear made like This.

You'd be surprised what you can break when it's -40 and your bales are froze to the ground. If the spear didn't break it would eventually rip right out of the frame. We use 2 spears on ours, and they are made of good stuff, but be nice happens.
1 x

JW IN VA
Rancher
Rancher

Postby JW IN VA » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:03 pm

I bought a set of forks last year and had my welder/mechanic weld some adapters for the four pin system.One of the handiest things on the farm.Move bales summer and winter and firewood in winter.Gotten lazy because of them.Pick up cuts of 8 to 16 feet or so and bring them to the OWB area to be sawed and split.Get mineral and feed on pallets.Pick up and set in the barn.Even thought about making a platform with sides on a pallet skid design to move things or stand in to work cutting tree limbs.With safety in mind,of course.
0 x
Not everything your neighbors do is wrong-Not everything they do is right,either.

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:27 pm

I bought this fork attachment at an auction, took a torch and cut off the brackets were you use pins to attach to a loader before. Then welded a skid steer compatible plate to fit my Kubota M9000 loader. I think total I have around $300 in them. I have used them for round hay, putting 1 ton fertilizer bags in a buggy and loaded some pretty big logs for a neighbor so far.

0 x

chevytaHOE5674
Rancher
Rancher

Postby chevytaHOE5674 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:21 pm

Silver wrote:you'd be surprised what you can break when it's -40 and your bales are froze to the ground. If the spear didn't break it would eventually rip right out of the frame. We use 2 spears on ours, and they are made of good stuff, but be nice happens.

You need to be using heavier duty quality made spears.... since I switched to German made shw spears I've yet to break one. I have a double spear setup and have tried lifting things that pickup the back of an 18k lbs tractor and the spears haven't budged and that's at -30 degrees....
0 x

Silver
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Silver » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:07 am

chevytaHOE5674 wrote:
Silver wrote:you'd be surprised what you can break when it's -40 and your bales are froze to the ground. If the spear didn't break it would eventually rip right out of the frame. We use 2 spears on ours, and they are made of good stuff, but be nice happens.

You need to be using heavier duty quality made spears.... since I switched to German made shw spears I've yet to break one. I have a double spear setup and have tried lifting things that pickup the back of an 18k lbs tractor and the spears haven't budged and that's at -30 degrees....

You are mistaken to assume that I'm not.
0 x

BigYoung
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby BigYoung » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:22 pm

HDRider wrote:I bought from here https://www.palletforks.com/

Same as the Deere forks for half the cost.

I bought a set of forks/hay spear quick attach combo unit from Palletforks .com. Free shipping, sign up for alerts and get 5% off on first purchase. 10% off sales thruout year. :cowboy:
0 x

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”