Priefert SO4

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
bird dog
GURU
GURU

Re: Priefert SO4

Postby bird dog » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:13 pm

call them if you have any concerns. They have salespeople that will come out and look if you have an issue.
1 x

Cucumber35
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Cucumber35 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:41 pm

Brute, got any update on how you like the SO4? I’m in about the same boat as you were. Have an old wooden chute in need of replacement with just a Model 91 headgate which I really like. By the time I were to rebuild all of the doors and such the way it is now, I think I’m way ahead to finally get a squeeze. Was looking at the SO1 but sounds like the SO4 is worth the extra coin. I’ve been neglecting things too, the posts are rotten and it got pretty sketchy last time I worked cattle. My girlfriend insists we aren’t using the old one any more until I rebuild it because it’s not safe. As much as I don’t usually like to admit it, it’s hard to argue with her on this one lol. So I need to get on the ball with something. Nothing good used around here since we aren’t exactly in cattle country so I think I’m going to have to grit my teeth and get something ordered.
0 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:26 am

Cucumber35 wrote:Brute, got any update on how you like the SO4? I’m in about the same boat as you were. Have an old wooden chute in need of replacement with just a Model 91 headgate which I really like. By the time I were to rebuild all of the doors and such the way it is now, I think I’m way ahead to finally get a squeeze. Was looking at the SO1 but sounds like the SO4 is worth the extra coin. I’ve been neglecting things too, the posts are rotten and it got pretty sketchy last time I worked cattle. My girlfriend insists we aren’t using the old one any more until I rebuild it because it’s not safe. As much as I don’t usually like to admit it, it’s hard to argue with her on this one lol. So I need to get on the ball with something. Nothing good used around here since we aren’t exactly in cattle country so I think I’m going to have to grit my teeth and get something ordered.

They are worth it IMO... no complaints on the actual squeeze chute. Just understand the trailer deal is pretty sketchy going in.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

sstterry
Rancher
Rancher

Postby sstterry » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:52 am

Brute 23 wrote:
Cucumber35 wrote:Brute, got any update on how you like the SO4? I’m in about the same boat as you were. Have an old wooden chute in need of replacement with just a Model 91 headgate which I really like. By the time I were to rebuild all of the doors and such the way it is now, I think I’m way ahead to finally get a squeeze. Was looking at the SO1 but sounds like the SO4 is worth the extra coin. I’ve been neglecting things too, the posts are rotten and it got pretty sketchy last time I worked cattle. My girlfriend insists we aren’t using the old one any more until I rebuild it because it’s not safe. As much as I don’t usually like to admit it, it’s hard to argue with her on this one lol. So I need to get on the ball with something. Nothing good used around here since we aren’t exactly in cattle country so I think I’m going to have to grit my teeth and get something ordered.

They are worth it IMO... no complaints on the actual squeeze chute. Just understand the trailer deal is pretty sketchy going in.

What do you mean by sketchy? I am also in the market when I sell my calves within the next month or so? Never mind that, I went back and read your problems with the trailer.
0 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:00 am

sstterry wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:

What do you mean by sketchy? I am also in the market when I sell my calves within the next month or so? Never mind that, I went back and read your problems with the trailer.

I probably had too high of expectations for the trailer. The SO4 is the best bang for the buck squeeze chute on the market IMO. Should have gotten one years ago.
0 x

T & B farms
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby T & B farms » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:58 pm

Brute 23 wrote:
sstterry wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:

I probably had too high of expectations for the trailer. The SO4 is the best bang for the buck squeeze chute on the market IMO. Should have gotten one years ago.

I have an so4 also. Do you ever have an issue with the head gate locking up when fully open?
I have to be real careful not to open it to far, or you will miss cows. I’ve oiled it several times
0 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:15 am

T & B farms wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:
sstterry wrote:What do you mean by sketchy? I am also in the market when I sell my calves within the next month or so? Never mind that, I went back and read your problems with the trailer.

I have an so4 also. Do you ever have an issue with the head gate locking up when fully open?
I have to be real careful not to open it to far, or you will miss cows. I’ve oiled it several times

No I don't. I have just a head gate also and it doesn't have a problem either.

I don't try to catch cattle with it wide open. The smaller the hole the better.
0 x

C-Ranch
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby C-Ranch » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:07 pm

LDEnterprises wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
ddd75 wrote:Best chute thats not hydraulic IMO.

They have a brand new one here thats been sitting for a year they want to get rid of. 3200 bucks! what a deal..

Have you ever worked a Arrow? No comparison, IMO. Priefert is a good chute because of the head catch, and customer service otherwise I don't think their much better than anything else.

Love our Arrow. Saw the newer 86 model at the Coop recently and I drooled all over the place. All the news features are outstanding.

x2....I Love our Arrow (Q-86) and previously we have used Powder River, Tarter, and Sioux Steel. Arrow beats them all in my opinion. Even get a few neighbors asking if they can Trick their bulls using our chute. Just a solid chute and easy to run!
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:52 pm

Brute 23 wrote:The smaller the hole the better.

I fully agree......
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:03 am

C-Ranch wrote:
LDEnterprises wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:Have you ever worked a Arrow? No comparison, IMO. Priefert is a good chute because of the head catch, and customer service otherwise I don't think their much better than anything else.

Love our Arrow. Saw the newer 86 model at the Coop recently and I drooled all over the place. All the news features are outstanding.

x2....I Love our Arrow (Q-86) and previously we have used Powder River, Tarter, and Sioux Steel. Arrow beats them all in my opinion. Even get a few neighbors asking if they can Trick their bulls using our chute. Just a solid chute and easy to run!

The Arrows are nice but not in the same price range to get apples to apples.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:17 am

Brute 23 wrote:
C-Ranch wrote:
LDEnterprises wrote:

True but if you expense it over the life of the chute price isn't a big factor.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:13 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:
C-Ranch wrote:

Thats why I said best bang for the buck. At the end of the day some times you can only afford what you can afford.
2 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:48 am

Brute 23 wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:

Thats why I said best bang for the buck. At the end of the day some times you can only afford what you can afford.

Most folks in the cattle business can't make enough off of cows to pay the bills much less buy a new chute. I have less than one calf in my old WW squeeze chute. I don't see the need in up grading, but if I did why not go all the way?
1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”