Debating on a new truck..

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
jltrent
GURU
GURU

Re: Debating on a new truck..

Postby jltrent » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:07 pm

kenny thomas wrote:I have swore in the past i would never own another Ford but the black one might change my mind.

That is what you need....I think you can order a Cummins in those.
0 x

Atimm693
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Atimm693 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:34 pm

Hennessey is a crook, plain and simple. Surprised the guy isn't bankrupt by now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/jalopnik.c ... 134112/amp
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:15 pm

Atimm693 wrote:Hennessey is a crook, plain and simple. Surprised the guy isn't bankrupt by now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/jalopnik.c ... 134112/amp

How do you know that? No one would give their name out of 6 different ex employees, that strikes me as BS. If your not willing to put your name out when you trash someone, you're not a man.
1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Craig Miller
GURU
GURU

Postby Craig Miller » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:02 am

jltrent wrote:
kenny thomas wrote:I have swore in the past i would never own another Ford but the black one might change my mind.

That is what you need....I think you can order a Cummins in those.

I think I've seen them with Cats in there too.
0 x

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:29 am

Hennessy has been screwing people since the 90's.

i think any ford 650 and up you can get a allison trans / cummins engine combo. 550 down is the usual ford stuff.
0 x

Craig Miller
GURU
GURU

Postby Craig Miller » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:08 pm

Chevy is getting back into that size next year.
0 x

hillbilly beef man
GURU
GURU

Postby hillbilly beef man » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:03 am

ddd75 wrote:Hennessy has been screwing people since the 90's.

i think any ford 650 and up you can get a allison trans / cummins engine combo. 550 down is the usual ford stuff.

You used to be able to get cummins. Now your choices are 3 different outputs of the 6.7 or the 6.8 v10 in 650s and 750s.
0 x
There is no education in the second kick of a mule.

Texasmark
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Texasmark » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:40 am

Just Tuesday, I had my 2011 Silverado 4.7 MPFI, conventional push rod (no longer offered), 4 speed auto (no longer offered) crew, 2wd. back in the "local" dealer for it's annual state vehicle (emissions) inspection so I can get tags. Told the guy at the service desk I wanted the codes checked to see if I need to service anything in particular while I was there....maybe oxygen sensor or something of the sort.

He asked me if any codes were showing. I said no. He said no codes, nothing to fix......

Looked around the lot, killing time while waiting on the inspection, reading window stickers. Noticed only 6 and 8 speed trannys were available with some kind of eco engine thing. Do you know how often a 6-8 speed transmission shifts in stop and go traffic, trying to find the right gear? Had to go to the eye Dr. yesterday and was in town, and the traffic for the event........ I'll just keep her with her 35, 500 miles and being long paid for, the 17 mpg day to day economy and smooth shifting tranny.
1 x

Craig Miller
GURU
GURU

Postby Craig Miller » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:54 am

Texasmark wrote:Just Tuesday, I had my 2011 Silverado 4.7 MPFI, conventional push rod (no longer offered), 4 speed auto (no longer offered) crew, 2wd. back in the "local" dealer for it's annual state vehicle (emissions) inspection so I can get tags. Told the guy at the service desk I wanted the codes checked to see if I need to service anything in particular while I was there....maybe oxygen sensor or something of the sort.

He asked me if any codes were showing. I said no. He said no codes, nothing to fix......

Looked around the lot, killing time while waiting on the inspection, reading window stickers. Noticed only 6 and 8 speed trannys were available with some kind of eco engine thing. Do you know how often a 6-8 speed transmission shifts in stop and go traffic, trying to find the right gear? Had to go to the eye Dr. yesterday and was in town, and the traffic for the event........ I'll just keep her with her 35, 500 miles and being long paid for, the 17 mpg day to day economy and smooth shifting tranny.

My ram shifts fine in traffic. Kinda freaks out when I get on it to pass
0 x

Texasmark
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Texasmark » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:38 pm

Craig Miller wrote:
Texasmark wrote:Just Tuesday, I had my 2011 Silverado 4.7 MPFI, conventional push rod (no longer offered), 4 speed auto (no longer offered) crew, 2wd. back in the "local" dealer for it's annual state vehicle (emissions) inspection so I can get tags. Told the guy at the service desk I wanted the codes checked to see if I need to service anything in particular while I was there....maybe oxygen sensor or something of the sort.

My ram shifts fine in traffic. Kinda freaks out when I get on it to pass

Recalling, I had a 2009 SWB 2wd 2 door with the Hemi, Candy Apple red....like when I was a kid. It had a 6 speed I think; more than 4 and certainly not 8.....don't think they were out back then.

It was one of the vehicles I traded in when I bought the Silverado because the Chevy dealer was closest to the house, I had 3 vehicles and only needed 1, shopped him first and liked the product. The Ram had the 8-4-8 and with that and the 6 speed something was in motion all the time. Like I said, city driving was busy.

Living in the country made for acceptable performance and not all that noticeable. Butttttttt it did respond when it got the pedal to the metal......second childhood toy. Saw it at the dealer and just had to have it. Useless however other than sporting around. 2 door, no storage space, short bed.......

".....Kinda freaks out when I get on it to pass." Mine too. I think that was the 8-4-8. It was putting out less than 50%, you (we) asked it for 100 and it took a second or two for it to realize the demand, kick in all 8 and get them firing.
0 x

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”