Arrow Q catch

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Re: Arrow Q catch

Postby Brute 23 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:26 am

Those are really nice. They have a lot of stuff I wish the preifert had. The down side is it is twice price tag. If i could justify it I would do it in a heart beat.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

Luckiamute
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Luckiamute » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:11 pm

Curious if Arrow and Lakeland Farm & Ranch Equipment are related companies? This Arrow chute looks similar but with some differences to Lakeland's current line.
0 x

Aaron
GURU
GURU

Postby Aaron » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:30 am

Luckiamute wrote:Curious if Arrow and Lakeland Farm & Ranch Equipment are related companies? This Arrow chute looks similar but with some differences to Lakeland's current line.

Arrow makes the chute, Lakeland is just a middle man - slaps their own sticker on. I have a suspicion that deal is now over as I have seen Real Tuff/Tuff/Sioux Steel chutes (painted dark green of course) now being marketed as Lakeland's premier chutes for the last few months. I have thought of calling to find out the price, just to see how much they are gouging over Tuff prices.
0 x
Nothin' prettier than a red Ford truck, a Massey Ferguson tractor and a red-n-white Hereford sittin' on the farm.

Supa Dexta
GURU
GURU

Postby Supa Dexta » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:57 am

I contacted tuff for curiositys sake when I saw them advertised locally - I wanted to see what one would cost picked up directly from them in manitoba - they were over 500 more than the local price. So who's gouging there?
0 x

Aaron
GURU
GURU

Postby Aaron » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:37 am

Supa Dexta wrote:I contacted tuff for curiositys sake when I saw them advertised locally - I wanted to see what one would cost picked up directly from them in manitoba - they were over 500 more than the local price. So who's gouging there?

Likely some side deal set up with local dealer to make it worthwhile for him. I know a number of companies that do the same thing when distance is an issue.

You do realize where you live in comparison to the actual farming core of the country right? How farm products from the Prairies don't end up costing you almost double is beyond me.

When I asked it was the same price, but I am only 300 miles from the factory. The owner, Alan Comte, is a h3ll of a nice guy.
0 x
Nothin' prettier than a red Ford truck, a Massey Ferguson tractor and a red-n-white Hereford sittin' on the farm.

ChrisB
GURU
GURU

Postby ChrisB » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:52 am

Just got a Tuff this weekend - Palp cage, auto head gate with neck extenders, and brisket bar. I think I looked at pretty much every chute made. Hope it works as good as it looks like it will. Only negative is it could be pretty loud with all the slam latches, but the convenience should make up for it.
0 x

Supa Dexta
GURU
GURU

Postby Supa Dexta » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:11 pm

Sorry I should have said Alberta - I was there at the time - locally listed.
0 x

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Postby wbvs58 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:32 pm

As far as I know Arrow is an Australian company, I am pleased that most people consider it to be a nice product. Most of the features it has in common with other Australian made chutes. So it is putting our ideas out there into a very critical market.

Ken
0 x

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”