Truck Driver Shortage............

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Re: Truck Driver Shortage............

Postby JMJ Farms » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:44 am

Texasmark wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:
Texasmark wrote:
Some time ago CSX, which serves the Eastern Seaboard was running commercials on TV. Economy of shipment by rail was published and it was mind boggling what you could ship for what it cost. So I buy some stock because it made a ton of sense along the lines of this discussion.

Just like everything else, the market is run by "herd mentality", not logic or facts, and the fact that you had a great company with great potential, with a great product, stock still followed the herd mentality. Got enough of that and put my $ elsewhere besides the SM.

I agree with you and understand completely where you are coming from. It’s a risk. And not all risks offer rewards. But the early bird gets the worm. In this case, should you ever find yourself “leading the herd” then you would stand to benefit much more than the cows at the back end of the line.

Exactly the thoughts I had every time I saw an ad for a "hot stock". You know as well as I it's a scam and the big boys have already loaded up on it waiting for the suckers to bite so he can dump it at a big profit leaving the suckers holding the bag....empty bag.

While we are on this subject, I always wondered about investment cos. Human nature says to me that you are most interested in your money. Investment instruments (for a broad term) need to make a profit/living too. Why should you trust someone else to have your money and make financial decisions for you with your money? Never liked that idea.

Yeah me either. I’ve seen it work real good for some people. I manage what LITTLE bit I have myself. My wife, myself, and the IRS are the only ones who have access to my checkbook lol. And I am very diversified. One old adage I really took to heart is ‘Don’t put all your eggs in one basket’. If I were to invest heavily in the stock market I would only be able to afford penny stocks :bang:
0 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

Texasmark
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Truck Driver Shortage............

Postby Texasmark » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:38 pm

JMJ Farms wrote:
Texasmark wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:
I agree with you and understand completely where you are coming from. It’s a risk. And not all risks offer rewards. But the early bird gets the worm. In this case, should you ever find yourself “leading the herd” then you would stand to benefit much more than the cows at the back end of the line.

Exactly the thoughts I had every time I saw an ad for a "hot stock". You know as well as I it's a scam and the big boys have already loaded up on it waiting for the suckers to bite so he can dump it at a big profit leaving the suckers holding the bag....empty bag.

While we are on this subject, I always wondered about investment cos. Human nature says to me that you are most interested in your money. Investment instruments (for a broad term) need to make a profit/living too. Why should you trust someone else to have your money and make financial decisions for you with your money? Never liked that idea.

Yeah me either. I’ve seen it work real good for some people. I manage what LITTLE bit I have myself. My wife, myself, and the IRS are the only ones who have access to my checkbook lol. And I am very diversified. One old adage I really took to heart is ‘Don’t put all your eggs in one basket’. If I were to invest heavily in the stock market I would only be able to afford penny stocks :bang:

"If I were to invest heavily in the stock market I would only be able to afford penny stocks."

That is a serious taboo. Penny stocks are unregulated. I dabbled in them for a bit. Pull up a stock that's being advertised as a gotta have. Read the sales pitch and convince yourself that it's worth investing in. Look at the price.... Wait a few days and look at it again....geez where did it go.....the poster left with his deep pockets full of cash...no brag just fact.....how do you think I know this? Serves me right I knew it but wanted to do it anyway.
1 x

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”